IP Cable Gland w/ conduit tubing clip ?

Sierra2

Featured Posts

Kicking my self I didn't take a picture but then again I didn't think they would be hard to find!

So combine this: glands-for-flexible-pipe-250x250.png

.....with this: plastic-metric-cable-gland.jpg

I saw this 'cable gland/conduit adapter' on a junction box in the bow thruster engine room of an epic Dutch Barge while helping a friend who was doing some work on her.

She had spent time in Holland recently being cut and shut along with other work. Google's not been any help nor have any inquiry at electrical retailers in London. I'm wondering if this is something only (currently) available in Europe?

Would love to source some for the bilge pump wiring on my boat/project.

Any ideas??

.....with this: plastic-metric-cable-gland.jpg

I bought some of these at a local electrical & light fixtures wholesale place when running some solar panel cables through the roof. I described what I was doing and the fellow brought these out. So simple, yet brilliant, they accept a variety of cable sizes within a range and the rubber seal expands when tightened to create a tight waterproof fit.

Hi Jim

I very aware of the benifit of cable glands but the one I'm trying to source has a outter ring to accept corrugated plastic conduit sleeving that adds protection to the cable.

Chaz

Kopex glands?........the ones for the plastic flex conduit are normally sold as part of a kit consisting of so many glands plus 10m of flexible conduit Most of the big wholesaler chains have a version WF/Senate etc....available in 20mm or 25mm

eta...to the best of my knowledge none (including proper Kopex) are truly waterproof though

Edited by John V

Hi Jim

I very aware of the benifit of cable glands but the one I'm trying to source has a outter ring to accept corrugated plastic conduit sleeving that adds protection to the cable.

Chaz

If I understand correctly, you are looking for a gland which seals to flexible conduit, rather than to a bare cable?

Googling suggests http://www.adaptaflex.com/products.asp?ID=51 or http://www.kopex.co.uk/product.asp?id=188 would do the trick.