CART Uniform.

OptedOut

Featured Posts

It's a bit off topic but the other week I had what was obviously a sales call pretending to be from leicestershire police (it was to our company landline which is diverted to mobile when we are out).... Having told them a few home truths I then thought I best phone the police just to check it wasn't them!....you can phone 101 from a mobile and then ask to be put through to the force you require..as a default it puts you through to the force local to where you are.

Anyway the nice lady in the control room was very interested in the call and logged all the details..so my point is it's well worth telling them stuff that might seem of no interest.....my concern was someone might fall for a sales scam....as they can then build a file up if it happens again.

Cheers

Gareth

It's a bit off topic but the other week I had what was obviously a sales call pretending to be from leicestershire police (it was to our company landline which is diverted to mobile when we are out).... Having told them a few home truths I then thought I best phone the police just to check it wasn't them!....you can phone 101 from a mobile and then ask to be put through to the force you require..as a default it puts you through to the force local to where you are.

Anyway the nice lady in the control room was very interested in the call and logged all the details..so my point is it's well worth telling them stuff that might seem of no interest.....my concern was someone might fall for a sales scam....as they can then build a file up if it happens again.

Cheers

Gareth

Well what I police officer once told me was, if in doubt report it.

So yes agree with this

Whilst at a mooring a gentleman arrived and engaged my wife in conversation. One of his first questions was, "Are you on your own", her reply was "No, his Lordships inside watching the telly.

He then moves down the line of boats and appeared to be checking boat numbers, on his return he asked, "How can he be watching the telly as you do not have an aerial".

Wife points to large DM log aerial (on 6 foot mast) and he then departs.

Worrying when one considers his main interest appeared to be whether my wife was alone!

an you share with us where you were moored?

Unfortunately I am one of those not very good at using the search function on here so can not find the post from last year when I raised this question of ID.

I raised it last year when I had a knock on my boat with some guy standing there with a CRT top on and he asked me when would I be leaving, as I had only arrived about 2 hours earlier I asked him what it had to do with him when I would be leaving? He said he worked for CRT and was ensuring I did not stay longer than 48 hours, I asked for ID and he said he had non but then admitted he was a volunteer.

Was this on the K&A ? If so, sounds like a man I met while boating there.