GUCCC 154 "Lancing"

fittie

Featured Posts

Does any one have any info, pictures about this boat.

I read that she had sunk in Regents dock with a girl trapped inside? When and is she (the girl that is) all right and who is she? Does anyone know?

Any old pictures would be good - older the better i.e. pre 1948 but all would be interesting.

I know that she is in Too Many Boats but a better copy of that picture would be nice.

The long and the short is - any info would be welcome

cheers all

Yes MtB, that Lancing.

Cheers ChimneyChain bwb gave me those pictures, which was nice.

I did not know that the virtual waterways archive had gone live yet - I was told it would be Wednesday.

many thanks

Hi all

I saw Lancing recently, tied behind the workshops at Warwick Fly at Stockton. It has recently been sold following the sad demise of Norman Briggs, who ran it as a trip boat. I know nothing of the new owner or his plans. I'll ask when I'm next there.

Cheers

Dave

I read that she had sunk in Regents dock with a girl trapped inside? When and is she (the girl that is) all right and who is she? Does anyone know?

Any old pictures would be good - older the better i.e. pre 1948 but all would be interesting.

I know that she is in Too Many Boats but a better copy of that picture would be nice.

cheers all

It may be prudent to explain your interest in LANCING before enthusiasts answer your questions, especially as I have asked you previously (13 July 2014) but you have not replied captain.gif

edit - usual typo thingies frusty.gif

Edited by pete harrison

cheers all

In the late 1960"s it operated as a trip boat running from Marple narrows (didn"t go down the locks as they were closed at that time ) was also named "Rainbow" & fitted with a Petter PD2,Sorry I can"t remember the owner/steerer"s name short/stocky guy with fair hair & glasses

Cheers for that. What I really would like to find out is anything pre her Rainbow days. Mind you it would be nice to see her at that time. There is a picture of her in the HNBC magazine 2014/1 page 14 I think in her Rainbow days.

Thanks for that. Do you know when this was? We are very happy to hear that she is well and living in Rugby. We are trying to gather as much information as possible about her history. This is in part for those that come after us. But I am finding it hard to gather the evidence other than hearsay. So I thought that I would ask you guys because there are a lot of you and you know a lot of people who know bits and bobs and all this might be put together to make a bigger picture - with you help that is.

I miss understood what MtB was asking - sorry Mtb for being a bit thick!

Cheers for all the help please keep it up.