Visitor mooring times

Dave_P

Featured Posts

I think at the point they moved from the downloadable Boater's Guides to the useless interactive maps, such information is no longer available.

Bit of a CRT own goal, particularly if they don't want people to exceed stay times.

That's what I was thinking. The new places map has got me considering going back to cc'ing. So I thought I'd do some planning to see how workable it would be for me. Of course I can spend time in places other than VMs but it would be nice to know where the 5, 7 and 14 day moorings are.

An email to CaRT might be needed then.

I've just sent a mail to Cart, i won't be holding my breath!

Nipper

I've just got my reply!

"Hello Brian,

Thank you for your email. We don't have a complete list as such but you can search for moorings using this link: https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/boating/mooring and by entering the details required on the right hand side of the screen.

I hope that helps.

Warm regards

Sian

Customer Service Advisor"

In other words, no, we havent a clue!

Nipper

Edited by nipper

I've just got my reply!

"Hello Brian,

Thank you for your email. We don't have a complete list as such but you can search for moorings using this link: https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/boating/mooring and by entering the details required on the right hand side of the screen.

I hope that helps.

Warm regards

Sian

Customer Service Advisor"

In other words, no, we havent a clue!

Nipper

I don't think that link achieves anything, it does not list all the visitor moorings and for the ones it does list it does not show the time limits. As has been discussed before, the map system is a retrograde step from the downloadable guides, and there is no replacement.

I was just thinking of this earlier when looking at Nicholsons Guide .

I think it is about time that CRT took a serious look at their length of stay and introduced some weekend stop overs Friday to Monday 96 hours.