Children on Canal Boats

john4647

Featured Posts

Exactly what II thought. Potentially burned hand on the chimmney (although I did that mowing at the cricket club when I used the exhaust on the Massey to pull myself out of the tractor seat blush.png). Drowning hazard, no life-jackets. Weil's disease. Toes chopped off by prop. The list is almost infinite.

This picture:

14556373418_fc5a49c145_z.jpg

Is from a 1960's book. No Elfin Safety then. Some how the human race still carries on.

I some times think today's society lacks the freedom of just "doing things" without risk assessments, H & S etc.......

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the info, I have ordered that as well, I have twin boys who will have their 16th birthday on the third day of our holiday, I asked them today if they had ever had an I-Spy book and they had never even heard of them. I haven't seen one in years but had loads of them when I was their age, some of which I managed to fill enough to send off and get an embossed stamp from Big Chief I-Spy in the back.

Late to this I know...

surely this has to be a wind up?

At 16 I had a moped, was smoking, had discovered girls and worked out which pubs would serve us.

I had also started my apprenticeship and was paying my way at home.

Kids today etc..... :-(