How much does Hotel Boat Insurance cost?

Quaysider

Featured Posts

He was asking how far you could go on an out and back trip in a week?

Richard

Canalplan could answer that in a jot.

we spent less time or more, never on a schedule......

Yes, so what the heck has that got to do with anything.

I'm saying if he was there or Wakefield it would be limited to get a good route out and back in a week if he was thinking of operating from there, that's why I mentioned picking up and dropping off at different locations and even the OP has thought the same, as I asked how far did you get there and back in a week when you were there? and you will see the limitations of the northern network in that area.

Canalplan could answer that in a jot.

we spent less time or more, never on a schedule......

Canalplan come on, if you relied on this you would never get there on time or you would spend a lot of good nights sitting doing nothing when you could be travelling

Fair enough. I was pointing out how he may have been trying to involve you in the conversation without it being a veiled affront upon your name, honour and dignity

Richard

No idea what that is about Richard.

I'm saying if he was there or Wakefield it would be limited to get a good route out and back in a week if he was thinking of operating from there, that's why I mentioned picking up and dropping off at different locations and even the OP has thought the same, as I asked how far did you get there and back in a week when you were there? and you will see the limitations of the northern network in that area.

Canalplan come on, if you relied on this you would never get there on time or you would spend a lot of good nights sitting doing nothing when you could be travelling

Do yo have a boat as a matter of interest?

He was asking how far you could go on an out and back trip in a week?

Richard

Yes as he was there and he knows the canals up there, there's not a great deal to see 3 day's out and 3 days back on these canals and I wouldn't like to pay for a week doing that up there.

Do yo have a boat as a matter of interest?

Yes, so won't be buying yours

Yes as he was there and he knows the canals up there, there's not a great deal to see 3 day's out and 3 days back on these canals and I wouldn't like to pay for a week doing that up there.

You really have no idea.as to what there is to see and isn't see.

I ask again do you actually have a boat?

Yes, so won't be buying yours

I didn't ask if you were interested in buying ours, which incidentally is not for sale.

So how far have you travelled from Skipton on Northern Star?

You really have no idea.as to what there is to see and isn't see.

I ask again do you actually have a boat?

Come on then tell me what's to see in a week there and back on a casual cruise? yes I have a boat I picked this one up at Jonathan Wilsons 2009 and have been around this network a few years and have passed you a few times, I just don't shout about it on here.

Come on then tell me what's to see in a week there and back on a casual cruise? yes I have a boat I picked this one up at Jonathan Wilsons 2009 and have been around this network a few years and have passed you a few times, I just don't shout about it on here.

Queer, most people on here pass me and make themselves known.

Yes, so what the heck has that got to do with anything.

No idea what that is about Richard.

It was about the bit above

You really are spiky these days. Northernboater asked you a question because he remembered you had kept your boat at Lemonroyd, so you might know the answer

That's 'what the heck' it was about. A question, not a slight or insult

Richard

It was about the bit above

You really are spiky these days. Northernboater asked you a question because he remembered you had kept your boat at Lemonroyd, so you might know the answer

That's 'what the heck' it was about. A question, not a slight or insult

Richard

Taken on its own I would have answered it, taken in the context of my previous exchanges with him I can't be bothered.... OK?

Queer, most people on here pass me and make themselves known.

What you mean people will stop their trip, moor their boat up and introduce themselves to you or just wave when they pass, like I did when I passed you while you were having a BBQ at Sprotbrough last summer. Sorry I didn't stop shake your hand introduce myself and have a burger.

Taken on its own I would have answered it, taken in the context of my previous exchanges with him I can't be bothered.... OK?

Yes same as I doubt he has the knowledge of these canals to work out how far you could get there and back, as once again his lack of knowledge on these canals is obvious.

Edited by Northernboater

What you mean people will stop their trip, moor their boat up and introduce themselves to you or just wave when they pass, like I did when I passed you while you were having a BBQ at Sprotbrough last summer. Sorry I didn't stop shake your hand introduce myself and have a burger.

Don't be silly.

Most just make themselves known by calling out 'hi Martin' I'm 'insert forum name'

Though if you had stopped you would have been welcome to shake hands and share a burger, why didn't you?

Yes same as I doubt he has the knowledge of these canals to work out how far you could get there and back, as once again his lack of knowledge on these canals is obvious.

What are you on about again? You are spouting a strange kind of rubbish when you talk about how much I know and don't know about our local waterways.

You can get as far out and as far back as you like from any given point, just like on any other part of the system, you can travel,as many hours in a day, as many hours overnight... Asking how far you can get in a week and back is meaningless.

What are you on about again? You are spouting a strange kind of rubbish when you talk about how much I know and don't know about our local waterways.

You can get as far out and as far back as you like from any given point, just like on any other part of the system, you can travel,as many hours in a day, as many hours overnight... Asking how far you can get in a week and back is meaningless.

Meaningless a bit like most of your Posts and Threads.

I would say it's important if you want to run a hotel business, planning where you would stop nightly, maybe long days and short, but you must be able to entertain your clients once your at your day end location or be able to berth for the day so they can have a walk about say like York/Leeds not just tie up on the towpath and that area I believe you just couldn't get anywhere and back which would make the customer want to do it again, as the OP says pick up and drop off would be the best option.

As you used to be at Lemonroyd maybe you could give the OP a route and places to see and some form of daily time travelled out and back in a week to give him some idea. I know he is saying he may be going down the pick up and drop off route but since he may be based there you could give him some pointers should he need to do some trips from there. Is it so difficult.

Edited by Northernboater

I hadn't realised this was a long running spat

Carry on chaps, I'll leave you to it

Richard

Meaningless a bit like most of your Posts and Threads.

I'm afraid while some on here share your view you may be disappointed to note that not every body does.

If you are so keen to see some route planning done for him why don't you do some yourself instead of sniping at me, you know where Lemonroyd is a well as I do. I do now of course expect the response to be something along the lines of 'see you don't know the waterways after all' - hey ho.

ed. I will add though, I am not sure Lemonroyd would actually be the place I would base a hotel boat. The short run up to Woodlesford is nice enough but the run into Leeds past the concrete bridge is well a bit 'grim', though Leeds itself is fine. Coming back the other way the Aire only gets 'pretty' yon side of Castleford and then you hit Ferrybridge C on the horizon, which while very interesting to see is not what I think most people on a hotel boat would be looking for.

The best and prettiest sections up here that I think hotel boat customers would be expecting to see are the Selby Canal, the A&C through Pollington to Sykehousethe Don Navigation between Doncaster and Sprotbrough. All relatively short sections. As I have said on here before if its 'pretty' waterways you are after there are better options than the North East waterways

Edited by The Dog House

I hadn't realised this was a long running spat

Carry on chaps, I'll leave you to it

Richard

I just get bored with his pointless posts most of which don't give out any useful information, as he used to be at Lemonroyd I thought he could give the OP an idea of a route stop-overs ,BBQ area's, places of interest etc but obviously he can't.

Something like,

Pick up Lemonroyd, evening cruise to Woodlesford for evening drinks/BBQ(all set up prior to arrival) next day to Leeds, Visit to Armouries and a free day to see Leeds stay overnight. next day canal trip to Rodley Sunday dinner booked at local pub canal walk, next day Bingley Five rise lock up to top with creamed Tea's at the tea room, You get the idea. It's not difficult if you know the area and have an idea.

Edited by Northernboater

I just get bored with his pointless posts most of which don't give out any useful information, as he used to be at Lemonroyd I thought he could give the OP an idea of a route stop-overs ,BBQ area's, places of interest etc but obviously he can't.

What are you on about man? why on earth would I not be able to?

Oh if my posts bore you so much why do you read them?

Edited by The Dog House

What are you on about man? why on earth would I not be able to?

Oh if my posts bore you so much why do you read them?

Most people can't miss your posts as you seam to be on every Thread often with a pointless reply that adds no relevance to the Thread or gives no meaningful advice, you add to increase your post count..

• Greenie 1

Most people can't miss your posts as you seam to be on every Thread often with a pointless reply that adds no relevance to the Thread or gives no meaningful advice, you add to increase your post count..

And this post adds anything meaningful or of any point or relevance how so exactly?

Along with some of your earlier contributions you made in this thread which were shown to be flawed what have you added in terms of valuable content here? Aside from your recently added idea for a 'mini cruise'

Answer - zero.

Edited by The Dog House

And this post adds anything meaningful or of any point or relevance how so exactly?

Along with some of your earlier contributions you made in this thread which were shown to be flawed what have you added in terms of valuable content here? Aside from your recently added idea for a 'mini cruise'

Answer - zero.

Then again I haven't got 22,000 post's of irrelevance like some, how many threads will you be posting on today? all of the new or just most fatigue.gif

• Greenie 1

Then again I haven't got 22,000 post's of irrelevance like some, how many threads will you be posting on today? all of the new or just most :tired:

Yawn indeed.....

Ed to remove curious double quote.

Edited by The Dog House

Then again I haven't got 22,000 post's of irrelevance like some, how many threads will you be posting on today? all of the new or just most fatigue.gif

Its a discussion forum, he can post as many times as he likes on as many threads as he likes. If it upsets you just ignore him, then we aren't subject to pointless posts.