Has anyone seen this boat on their travels

Gazboatman

Featured Posts

It's not stolen, and I'm not looking to find the owner or anything like that.

008.jpg

It was my brothers boat, which we had a lot of fun on.

Will probably look a lot different now, as he sold it quite a while ago. And it was a DIY job as you can probably tell, and was never really finished..

Just wondering if it's still about.

I like the horns. Does it play "Dixie" like the General Lee in the Dukes of Hazzard? I want some of them for my boat!

Yea it did ha ha.

We were once doing a bit of night cruising, and we passed some woods, with a big group of youths around a fire, as we passed we got the feeling they were up to something as a few got up and started scuring around in the undergrowth. I think a bricking was on it's way..

One blast of the horn, and there was a big cheer and they left us alone!

Seen something very similar up near Stanley Ferry area, maybe the same boat as the new owner had put on a DIY stainless steel roof/wheelhouse and had something like "Alpha 1 Bravo" painted on it, maybe the same boat as that looked very DIY.

Edited by Northernboater

Seen something very similar up near Stanley Ferry area, maybe the same boat as the new owner had put on a DIY stainless steel roof/wheelhouse and had something like "Alpha 1 Bravo" painted on it, maybe the same boat as that looked very DIY.

Yea that's possibly it, as it was sold from Leeds. Also the brother never got round to putting a roof over the wheelhouse, so no doubt that's it.

Thanks, I'll keep my eyes peeled next time I'm out that way.

It's defiantly on a permanent mooring on the way to Stanley Ferry been there for a couple of years, may even be a bit nearer to Pollington lock but defiantly on the Aire and Calder.

I'll have a look on google maps, I'll probably be able to see it there.

Thanks.

Hi

If "Alpha 1 Bravo" is the same boat, it is indeed moored on the Aire and Calder ( Foxholes i think) and it has been up for sale for as long as I can remember. IIRC there are some issues below the waterline.

Hi

If "Alpha 1 Bravo" is the same boat, it is indeed moored on the Aire and Calder ( Foxholes i think) and it has been up for sale for as long as I can remember. IIRC there are some issues below the waterline.

I knew it was somewhere around there if it is the same boat, never seen it move just remember the stainless steel wheelhouse and the "Alpha/Bravo" bit.