wide beam

collins65

Featured Posts

On the basis of this, then, Tomsk, do you have a BT?

As instructed . . .

On the subject of coracles, there was a nice lady paddling one on the BW feature at Earls Court - she's in my prog tonight. Had I known of your difficulty, I'd have asked her for appropriate fitting instructions.

Happily not, for I am not 'Gay', tho some of my best friends are and they have BTs and attend 'Pride' in pink fitted lycra tops emblazened with various logos including, but not limited to; 'Glad to Thrust' and 'Thrusting's a Mans Game'......

It has been proved time and time again on this site that BTs make you an inferior boater and consequently less of a man. For the avoidence of doubt, the term 'Gay' has never been attached to such indiduals as yet, but I know not why.

A "Gay Thruster", now there's a picture with which to conjure. Stern first - no doubt. :wub: In which 'ole do they install their thruster?

Edited by chris w

BT threads are a rich seam of comedic gold to be mined relentlessly, the possibillities are almost infinite.

A "Gay Thruster", now there's a picture with which to conjure. Stern first - no doubt. :wub: In which 'ole do they install their thruster?
The winding 'ole naturally Chris (or most unnaturally depending on your orientation). Riffing on a comedy theme, the possible connotations of 'jam 'ole are prolly best not explored at luncheon. Edited by tomsk

BT threads are a rich seam of comedic gold to be mined relentlessly, the possibillities are almost infinite.The winding 'ole naturally Chris (or most unnaturally depending on your orientation). Riffing on a comedy theme, the possible connotations of 'jam 'ole are prolly best not explored at luncheon.

Agreed. That would definitely be a bum steer.

Chris

Last time I was there, there were still a lot on peniche size barges in France, none of which have BTs. Some modern big barges have them, though. I guess a big part of it is personal preference - although I enjoy boat handling, I think BTs are superb devices to get you out of trouble if you get into it, and to make working the boat easier - why shouldn't we take an easy route?

tomsk

I have a bow thruster which is very useful, are you saying that I cannot handle a boat?

tomsk

I have a bow thruster which is very useful, are you saying that I cannot handle a boat?

I'd suggest that boat handling ought to be learned thoroughly without being able to resort to a thruster. Once you've learned, then if it suits you to have one at least you won't be stuck if (when) it fails.

Tim

A "Gay Thruster", now there's a picture with which to conjure. Stern first - no doubt. :rolleyes: In which 'ole do they install their thruster?

Is this a bad time to mention stern tube greasers?

Edited by Dyad