Homemade McMuffin

Naughty Cal

Featured Posts

Fancy a McDonalds? No me neither but I did fancy a muffin.

So grill a slice of bacon whilst frying an egg. I used a round pastry cutter to get that "authentic" look for the egg. Before the egg is fully set add some grated cheese and cover with a small plate or similar.

Lightly toast a muffin and lightly butter. Finally assemble and enjoy.

Costs were £0.20 muffin, £0.15 bacon, £0.15 egg, £0.20 cheese. So about £0.70 per McMuffin which is far cheaper than the takeaway version and I have to say it was far tastier as well.

1901524_733776093341701_1377946098331395

Naughty Cal, on 08 Apr 2014 - 09:10 AM, said:

No.

I can do a nice coffee though.

Ah right so we aren't going for the authentic Maccy D's taste then?.

(though to be fair to them it's not as bad as it used to be)

another version, although a "little" more effort.....

de-skin a sausage, using another round pastry cutter, place sausage meat in cutter, sprinkle lightly with hot paprika & parsley, cook through; do the egg/cheese & muffin as NC describes and you have an Sausage McMuffin - simples icecream.gif

I'm not a big fan of McDonalds, but the McMuffins are actually quite nice, the only thing worth buying there other than the chocolate milkshake. Shame they stop serving them so early in the UK.

I was trying to buy them rather than make them. I got really excited when I found Scottish lorne sausages (albeit they were square, not round, I wondered if the principle was the same) but no cigar.

I have never tried to make them/an equivalent, but I would be prepared to have a go. I seriously think they are delicious. Breakfast crack. biggrin.png

Edited by Starcoaster

I was trying to buy them rather than make them. I got really excited when I found Scottish lorne sausages (albeit they were square, not round, I wondered if the principle was the same) but no cigar.

I have never tried to make them/an equivalent, but I would be prepared to have a go. I seriously think they are delicious. Breakfast crack. biggrin.png

When you do find decent Lorne Sausages, they are truly delicious. This does tend to set them apart from any McDeadthings offering.

On a forum on the far edges of the web, at:-

http://forum.sausagemaking.org/viewtopic.php?t=3020

this recipe appeared:-

icon_post_target.gifby sausagemaker » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:31 pm

Macdonald's Pork Sausage Patty

Pork (97%), Salt, Dextrose, Herb and Herb Extract,

Glucose Syrup, Spice, Yeast Extract.

As you will not be able to match this seasoning try the following

55% Salt

20% Dextrose

12% Cornflour

10% Mixed Herbs

2% White Pepper

1% Yeast extract (or pork stock cube)

I see from your earlier comment they seem to have a lot of sage in, in this case change the mixed herbs to half sage & half mixed.

I'd suggest cheap, fatty, belly pork finely minced, or whatever the butcher will sell you cheap.

Edited by John Williamson 1955