the day i move on my boat is getting closer.

tjderby

Featured Posts

I'm unbelievably excited. Really can't wait. Spent over an hour in her listening to music and keeping out of the,rain. Really happy

You have rain? Well not my part of the country, beautiful sunshine so thendetective.gif where?

Oops, you've just reminded me, it was a fine day in Croydon today and I forgot to water my veg seedlings. My brother came round this afternoon and we sat and chatted mostly about boating and time passed. Anyway, it looks as though I've wangled an invite to spend Easter with him and his wife on a long jaunt out of the marina, which I'm much looking forward to. I just hope it rains a bit in Croydon that weekend.

My move on date is still a twinkle in the eyes of time sigh....

I visit weekly and have even lent a hand........

Homeless in a few weeks......

Get out the hankies.....

Packed my bags.....help.gif

Surrounded by packing cases....

Exciting times are ahead!

For my first week on board I was convinced it was sinking with all the water noises outside against the hull or rain water dripping from the boat and kept checking the inspection hatches which of course were totally dry. Thankfully, still remain that way!

Great to hear you have found your new homecheers.gif .

Jamescheers.gif

Yes I remember that well ! I moved aboard at the beginning of October - it was a quick decision & one I'm so glad I made ! I absolutely love it & it's so sociable smile.png

I was forever checking the bilges at first - especially as we were having such wet, windy, stormy weather - and I didn't have a bilge pump either (have now !)

The biggest challenge I've faced (& still face) is the lack of space .............. I'm still getting rid of stuff, but it makes you realise just how much of the rubbish you have that you really don't need - or ever use !! laugh.png Very liberating I find !

Another good tip is to accept that you actually live on a boat .............. it can be pretty refined & comfortable & house-like ............. just remember that it is a boat ! smile.png

We moved onboard a year ago today and we've no regrets whatsoever. My how time has flown. Like most have found, it was a struggle initially trying to fit all our worldly goods in but we managed reasonably well,

The only minor issue we've had is the need to have to keep moving stuff to get at other things so now we're going through everything we have, and a lot of what we haven't used or needed during the 12 months we are getting rid of so our storage spaces aren't so congested.