Joelsanders "the angry boater"

gary955

Featured Posts

Joel,

that just doesn't wash. It is a tired old excuse that is as flawed now as it was back at the beginning of the eternal September, over 20 years ago.

Essentially, your argument is that whilst it would be bad if EVERYBODY broke the rules, most people will continue to obey the rules even if you break them, and that as such, it is OK for you to break the rules.

It is the same attitude that says "I'll put my bag on the train seat, but it is OK, because most of the other passengers won't, and nobody will actually have to stand."

I put my old bag on the train seat,she refuses to stand!

It is the same attitude that says "I'll put my bag on the train seat, but it is OK, because most of the other passengers won't, and nobody will actually have to stand.

I always ask the person taking up a second seat to move their bags - so much fun seeing them get flustered, espcially if they are trying to work on a laptop at the same time :-)

I've covered much of this already today. It was your manner in telling me what I can and cannot do that I objected to (not the content) and yes I responded to you in exactly the way you had communicated with me .... which in turn is exactly the same as I have documented in my encounters with others. That is the point. I wrote to you privately about this but you did not respond. If you want to post my unedited comment to you, you have my blessing to do so,

I have to head out but will respond properly later.

I am aware that you sent me a PM. In common with several members of the forum, I will not engage with somebody who seeks to continue an argument by PM.

I am also aware that you take issue with the tone of my second message on the subject.

My view is that having been told that what you were doing wasn't allowed, instead of either engaging in discussion about that, or retiring to consult with the moderator on the grassy knoll, you reached a decision.

You decided that you wouldn't abide by what people had told you was the rule, but that instead you would make up a new rule that was less stringent than the real rule and allowed you to do what you wanted to do. You didn't put it forward as an idea ("What about if I did this, would that be OK?"), you announced that this is what you were going to do.

If you adopt a bull headed attitude to doing whatever you want, then you must expect people to be scathing in their response to you.

How?

Because Delta does not know what joel's motivations are - s/he is only guessing.

What is this guess based on?

There is nothing in the blog to suggest the motivation Delta gives therefore the guess is based on Delta's perceptions of the world - these perceptions tell us about delta

this is pretty basic personal growth stuff - you'll understand when you're older if you keep an open mind

But we only have your word for that as the mods seem to have "lost" the post.

So now you are calling Joel a liar because the mods seem to have lost the message.

I have followed Joel's blogs for quite a while and find it a mixture of humour and thoughtful. I do not know Joel personally but certainly know him from Facebook and have always found him like our mods to be honest infact it is his honesty on his blog that makes it different

He needs to drive traffic to his blog. This will improve his rank in search engines which will in turn drive even more people to his blog. He is then able to monetise his blog by advertising on it. He writes about a controversial subject that he knows will get people worked up and then posts it here to bait people in to clicking his link.

Basically, he doesn't care about people reading what he has written unless they actually visit his blog to read it.

Thank you for sharing your perception of what I need and how I can achieve it. However, I've already been transparent about my agenda . If you'd care to scroll back , I think you 'll find that my agenda is spelled out very clearly .

"I will not engage with somebody who seeks to continue an argument by PM."

Did you really perceive that my tone in my pm to you was an attempt to continue an argument ? Since you have not taken up my invitation to post what I wrote to you, would you object if I did so myself ?

"My view is that having been told that what you were doing wasn't allowed, instead of either engaging in discussion about that, or retiring to consult with the moderator on the grassy knoll, you reached a decision."

Yes absolutely . Having been specifically told by a mod that what I was doing was fine, why would I choose to listen to your guidance instead - especially considering the tone you chose -and continue to choose - to communicate with ? I'm going to hazard a guess that having people defy or ignore your directives might be something of a pattern in the world of Alan. It's coming across as a big issue for you. Again, I'm not judging you for it . I often do it myself when my buttons get pushed so I totally get it . I'm curious if you accept that observation though or whether you prefer to keep it bubbling away under the surface . It partly comes down to how finely tuned your skills of empathy are.

"You decided that you wouldn't abide by what people had told you was the rule, but that instead you would make up a new rule that was less stringent than the real rule and allowed you to do what you wanted to do. You didn't put it forward as an idea ("What about if I did this, would that be OK?"), you announced that this is what you were going to do. "

Again - not people . YOU? A rude stranger who came across to me as a control freak . So here are you suggesting that - had I asked your permission - you might have shown more benevolence ?

"If you adopt a bull headed attitude to doing whatever you want, then you must expect people to be scathing in their response to you."

Absolutely right ! But do you not see that this is exactly what you do as well? You are clearly very intelligent . I cannot imagine that you do not see this same bullheaded streak in your own personality and it is unfathomable to me that you would not understand that - when someone treats you as you treat them - it is because you have done something to illicit this behaviour . Or is it that you are very used to people caving in to your tactics ?

Edited by Joelsanders
  • Greenie 4

So now you are calling Joel a liar because the mods seem to have lost the message.

I have followed Joel's blogs for quite a while and find it a mixture of humour and thoughtful. I do not know Joel personally but certainly know him from Facebook and have always found him like our mods to be honest infact it is his honesty on his blog that makes it different

So you find some blogs dishonest?

Does that not mean you are calling those bloggers liars?

Surprises me how many people think they cany analyse Joel and know his motives and who he is as a person. I think the point is Joel is still trying to work that out and he's lived with himself all his life.

Mtb you got the wrong end of the stick. He was given advice that was incongruent to the club rules, he was given advice that was different to the club rules.

I just cannot warm to passive aggressive. So much anger hidden in there i do not want to explore that any further.

Much rather hear someone shout anyday.

Thank you all so much, kept reading the posts until finaly I thought I will have a look. To be honest angry boater blog is in my opinion rubbish, why do you set out your day wanting to find something to be angry about, most of the things he seems to have a problem with are either through his own doing or just repeating stuff that had already has been discussed on this forum or elsewhere oor perhaps material you could you as a standup routine although I doubt there would be many laughs.. I will make a suggestion apperently caravanning is full of people to get angry with, sell your boat and buy one, just to save me bumping into you on the canals.

Thank you all so much, kept reading the posts until finaly I thought I will have a look. To be honest angry boater blog is in my opinion rubbish, why do you set out your day wanting to find something to be angry about, most of the things he seems to have a problem with are either through his own doing or just repeating stuff that had already has been discussed on this forum or elsewhere oor perhaps material you could you as a standup routine although I doubt there would be many laughs.. I will make a suggestion apperently caravanning is full of people to get angry with, sell your boat and buy one, just to save me bumping into you on the canals.

A pleasure to encounter such an intellectual heavyweight.... you have opinions and suggestions too? Inspirational,.

It's a shame you don't feel the canal system is big enough for the 2 of us though. It's unlikely our parts will cross , however, as you appear to be stuck somewhere and I plan to keep exploring.

It's a huge pity I didn't get your message sooner though . You see, I've just been to the theatre and I didn't enjoy what I saw. The themes were abstract and neither the style nor the content interested me. Foolishly, those were my ridiculous thoughts as I left. If I'd only had the benefit of your input in advance I'd have seen things as they really are. Now I understand that not understanding it had nothing to do with me or my limitations at all ! It was just rubbish! Not my problem cos I'm awesome and have an amazing set of judgement skills about everything. Those directors and the cast should go and live with you so that I never run the risk of seeing them again.

Best of luck to you and thanks for taking the time to share your wisdom. A genius,

I know that what I wrote here will have confused you a bit so, if it helps, I'm being sarcastic and patronising,

A pleasure to encounter such an intellectual heavyweight.... you have opinions and suggestions too? Inspirational,.

It's a shame you don't feel the canal system is big enough for the 2 of us though. It's unlikely our parts will cross , however, as you appear to be stuck somewhere and I plan to keep exploring.

It's a huge pity I didn't get your message sooner though . You see, I've just been to the theatre and I didn't enjoy what I saw. The themes were abstract and neither the style nor the content interested me. Foolishly, those were my ridiculous thoughts as I left. If I'd only had the benefit of your input in advance I'd have seen things as they really are. Now I understand that not understanding it had nothing to do with me or my limitations at all ! It was just rubbish! Not my problem cos I'm awesome and have an amazing set of judgement skills about everything. Those directors and the cast should go and live with you so that I never run the risk of seeing them again.

Best of luck to you and thanks for taking the time to share your wisdom. A genius,

I know that what I wrote here will have confused you a bit so, if it helps, I'm being sarcastic and patronising,

Joel do we know each other as you apparently know me, don't really understand the comment about me being stuck somewhere.

I have had to deal with real angry people in the past the Father who wanted to kill the person who had mown down his daughter while drunk, A young man who's 63 year old mum was beat up by a burglar for 6 pounds, and I could go on, these people are the ones who have a right to be angry.

Last year I was moored at one of my favorite spots just next to a winding hole where a trip boat turns 3 times a day, another narrow boat pulled in the space in front of me where there was a no mooring sign, now I must admit the sign is not obvious when you first pull in. So I said to him, hi mate do you know your not supposed to moor there to which to which he replied bloody hell didn't see that and began untying his boat, 15 seconds later another boater appeared ranting and raving about blocking the winding, to which a massive argument took place, I thought it was going to end in fisticuffs. So my point here is the boater was going to move but because an angry boater intervened a situation turned really nasty.

Personally don't do sarcastic and patronising I tend to think it comes over as condescending arrogance

Edited by scrunch
  • Greenie 1

Surprises me how many people think they cany analyse Joel and know his motives and who he is as a person. I think the point is Joel is still trying to work that out and he's lived with himself all his life.

Mtb you got the wrong end of the stick. He was given advice that was incongruent to the club rules, he was given advice that was different to the club rules.

I just cannot warm to passive aggressive. So much anger hidden in there i do not want to explore that any further.

Much rather hear someone shout anyday.

There is no need to "think" they can analyse Joel.

He is doing a very good job of unravelling himself for all to see on here rolleyes.gif

Rachael Naughty Cal: the Angry Boater

Maybe you could do your own thread and stop posting on this one?

You are inflammatory abusive and frequently on attack. You call people knobs because you are being challenged, probably too late. You, in my mind and others, maybe not all newcomers either, depreciate this forum. You have no insight. So it is not worth engaging in discussion with you.

Edited by Simple Things
  • Greenie 4

Im not a spammer, unlike your Angry Boater friend.

Maybe you could start your own thread and stop posting on this one. In fact maybe we all could but it would make for a pretty boring conversation if we all have our own separate topics. That's not really how a discussion forum works is it?

You are inflammatory abusive and frequently on attack. You call people knobs because you are being challenged, probably too late. You, in my mind and others, maybe not all newcomers either, depreciate this forum. You have no insight. So it is not worth engaging in discussion with you.

No poster owns any thread here, so NC can't start her "own" thread, and this thread is as much hers as anybody elses.