Fuel tank cleaning

Willber G

Featured Posts

Would Steve or Dominic be able to advise? They seem to know pretty much everything narrowboat and only a couple of miles up the GU at Stowe Hill, Weedon.

www.rugbyboats.co.uk

Edited by Highwayman999

Give Matty of this forum a shout. I don't think he does it himself but is well connected in that area.

I THINK I have recently seen him mention on a similar thread that Stowe Hill are now offering fuel cleaning.

Are you after fuel polishing or your tanks cleaning? I think the two things are separate jobs.

Thanks all, good suggestions. Because of time constraints I was hoping to find someone who can come to me, but Stowe Hill is not far and they've done good work for me before.

junior - it's tank cleaning I'm after while my fuel is low, hopefully after that and new filters the fuel will stay clean.

• 2 weeks later...

Not meaning to raise an 'old' topic from the dead, but same for me - 'new' (ancient!) boat, I should be happy for someone to suck out all the diesel, give the tank a cleaning, then put that diesel back in after being filtered/'polished'. A place where they do it there & then while-u-wait and can look for yourself while they do it. Worcester & Birmingham Canal between Brandwood Tunnel - Hanbury Wharf, then route to Birmingham Gas Street, down the Grand Union to southern Oxford and to Oxford.

There may be nothing to clean. But once it's done then I know.