Cassette Toilet.

mikejapope

Featured Posts

You say. On our previous two boats we had the free-standing type of loo and we always called the bottom bit the cassette. We used this nomenclature because we had heard other people use it. So you may be right, and so may we. If we are incorrect we are but two of many!

Just because lots get the name wrong does not mean it is the correct usage of the word.

here's a test for you -

Stick 'Cassette Toilet' into Google and then click on images and see how many images of the installed type come up compared to the free standing porta potti type.....

Thanks for that David.

I find their web site difficult to search so I have dropped an email to them. Seemed easier.

Just by chance my pal is visiting his boat this weekend. So could do a collection for me.

Martyn

Here is th relevant page from their website:- http://www.webchandler.co.uk/products.aspx?search=thetford

Thank you.

Now, is this the seal that is left on the base tank when the two units are separated? And makes a seal from the stuff and the outside world.

The lip seal is the large (aprox 3" dia) one which seals the slide preventing everything spilling out when the tank is inverted to be carried, No. 4 in the picture below

parts_portapotti_135_marine_post2007.gif

The vent seal is the small (less than an inch) one which allows air in or out when the buttonn is pressed. Shown here :-

$(KGrHqV,!k0FJ,ukpB5!BScRYGT2j!~~60_12.J

Both will wear in time and leak when you invert the holding tank to carry it.

Edited by David Schweizer

Apparently it is said that to have yours knees above your 'outlet' helps with the 'movement'.

Martyn

I'll say!

My Mansfield Traveller was on top of the holding tank and was that high that one's legs were dangling like a kids when one went to the bog. I used to place my feet on the shower tray to try and get into a more comfortable position.

Unfortunately one day my leg suffered a rather nasty cramp attack mid "movement" ohmy.png and that was the final straw! The pumpout never worked well even from new and I had to get the tank welded up every few months chasing a split in a seam......... I replaced the whole caboose with a Porta Potty.

Oh bliss!

Edited by mattlad

I'll say!

My Mansfield Traveller was on top of the holding tank and was that high that one's legs were dangling like a kids when one went to the bog. I used to place my feet on the shower tray to try and get into a more comfortable position.

Unfortunately one day my leg suffered a rather nasty cramp attack mid "movement" ohmy.png and that was the final straw! The pumpout never worked well even from new and I had to get the tank welded up every few months chasing a split in a seam......... I replaced the whole caboose with a Porta Potty.

Oh bliss!

Dear God!!!!

The lip seal is the large (aprox 3" dia) one which seals the slide preventing everything spilling out when the tank is inverted to be carried, No. 4 in the picture below

Both will wear in time and leak when you invert the holding tank to carry it.

as you know I wrote to ABC, they got back to me this morning. In the meantime I found a genuine part on ebay for £9 free delivery.

Thank you for you help.

Martyn