Footbridge over the SSYN

peterboat

Featured Posts

yes this is the bridge in question, but the steps at both ends have now been chopped up . latest now is , crt have owned up to ownership of the bridge a new one will take till september to make and put in place , according to crt , because an alternative route is available , they can close the bridge for any time , well all i can say is , lets see if shoplifting take a nose dive at parkgate shopping complex .

yes this is the bridge in question, but the steps at both ends have now been chopped up . latest now is , crt have owned up to ownership of the bridge a new one will take till september to make and put in place , according to crt , because an alternative route is available , they can close the bridge for any time , well all i can say is , lets see if shoplifting take a nose dive at parkgate shopping complex .

Anything to do with shoplifting at a nearby shopping centre has nothing to do with CRT. That is a police matter.

September is not actually that far away, 7 months to design, plan and instal a replacement bridge doesn't sound too bad to me, particularly given it would be good if the replacement is better designed and constructed than the one it's replacing, which frankly looks like it was designed by a ten year old and built from meccano....:)

So they could apply for a Diversion Order and save themselves a fortune building a new bridge.

umm.. on the shoplifting thing , police told resident s that shoplifters where taken the bridge route for a quick get away ... but many people also use the bridge for work and access to parkgate etc..

Great then, an escape route has been closed off...??

Hi it belongs to CRT Lisa Wheelwright from Leeds is sorting out the bridge and the council had to close it at the request of CRT. It is unsafe and 3 time CRT have made an attempt to close it. However local Trogs who clearly cant read keep on putting up the bits left behind by the CRT contractors to climb over the bridge!! The signs are up saying it is unsafe but unless it is made safe and impossible to climb it is sadly going to end in injury, death and litigation!! It is a sad state of affairs when common sense is ignored for a shorter walk to the shops to do whatever they do?

Peter

PS the swing Bridge went 50 or so years ago!! I for one wish it was still there and open to keep the mess left by people somewhere else!! and yes it is ugly and I hope common sense say dont rebuild Peter

peter , is a public right of way , it cant be forgot about , just like waddingtons shutting the canal toe path off some years ago with a "fence" how long did that last before it was broke down ? this bridge also leads to a bailey bridge , a war time bridge which people need to see and understand the history of sir donald bailey . you cant tell me about the people who live in eastwood ..... its a ongoing saga most have only been in eastwood a few weeks , there are still good people in eastwood as well .

I know their are good people in eastwood I have some as friends they are currently being terrorised by eastern europeans night and day!! They cant sell as they are in Negative equity so other than call the police which they do they are stuck in a no win situation. I would prefer the bridge over the canal and railway line to be one with high sides so that people cant get down or throw rubbish all over and in the canal. It is a mess you have to agree

Peter

hi peter , i more than agree with you about eastwood and the eu people . very bad landlords have a lot to answer in eastwood . the local field which all the 3 bridges link to has human waste and all sorts of litter on it , in summer time this lot will be along the canal toe path too .its also a worry about the number of swans which ive seen dead in the canal, one the another day had a large open wound on its back , are they being sent upon or is it a fox ?

Hi Katie, We have always had a few dead swans about they fly into the bridge and we also have mink at the basin so the swans are food for things. However there does seem to be a lot of feathers around sometimes :( which I suspect means that they are food for scumbags. I do feel for you over there it used to be such a good working class area hopefully the new landlord rules will change things

Peter

thanks peter for your reply . the landlords scheme may change things , its a long shoot . your friends who live in eastwood need to contact the council , council are well aware of the ongoing problems in eastwood , have been for 4 years , its a real hot topic in eastwood . thanks .

• 1 month later...