Blacking in London

Ten

Featured Posts

Hi all,

We are looking into blacking our boat soon and the only quote we got is from st. pancrass dry dock. We have been told £18 per foot for standard bitumen but posts in this forum are making me think this seems very poor value at a quite high cost. We tried brentford but was impossible to get hold of them or get them to reply to our emails. Is £18 a realistic figure to pay in London? If not, has anybody got any other local recommendations?

Thank you!

Not quite London but there is:

Vince Locatelli - Eel Pie Island just below Teddington

TLC (The Locker Company) at Parvis Bridge on the Wey - boat must be about 55' or less (01932) 355311 - Julia or Stuart - DIY possible

Pyrford Marina - on the Wey - either DIY or get them to do it - (01932) 340739 - dry dock is under cover

4 All Marine - Laleham on the Thames just above Chertsey - (01932) 567744

I have nothing to do with any of them but would comment as follows:

I'd never take my boat to 4 All again - personal preference after seeing their workmanship 2 years on - it may have been a 'one off' but I'd not risk it again but in the list for fairness.

Pyrford - not the cheapest in the world but it is under cover and good parking for cars.

TLC - I think they do a good job at a reasonable price and they are a lovely couple. Good parking for cars.

Vince Locatelli - expensive I think

There's also MSO Marine at Brentford - a friend had his blacking done there recently and whilst happy with the result I think had some issues with the mess left behind on the boat. I think they were expensive.

We had our boat blacked at Denham Deep Lock, in the floating dock. Search for Denham a Deep Lock, I posted a phone number back in 2012. Good service I thought and around £10 per foot for jet wash and 3 coats. Takes just under a week. Wakehams is the name and they also run some fuel boats on the GU South.

Please can certain members of this forum stop being so petty. So it's a duplicate thread, what the hell.

Until we have a reliable search facility you can,t expect members to not post the odd duplicate and weather or whether, please grow up!!!! fatigue.gif

I think you have mistaken an attempt to clear up a double post, it's just been reported to alert the mods to merge and not having a pop at the OP, just someone being helpful is all.

Now, back on topic, I agree with Roggie, give Pete Wakeham a buzz, good price and a good job,

hJQpXoX.png

Please can certain members of this forum stop being so petty. So it's a duplicate thread, what the hell.

Until we have a reliable search facility you can,t expect members to not post the odd duplicate and weather or whether, please grow up!!!! fatigue.gif

clapping.gif

Hi there we have just blacked our 42ft nb,at stanstead marina,on the lea,after craning out we did it DIY,

they will do the work for you ,I believe in the region of £700 inc craning clean up and 3 coats of the black stuff.

not so bad that.and a pleasant place to.

Good luck.