Laptop

Tuscan

Featured Posts

Access btinternet via laptop when on boat. Accepts my login and password but then I get explorer can't find yahoo.com. Yet I can see emails on phone and iPad. Rang daughter and she was able to log in properly into my account. Not been on boat for 6 wks so both new norton and pc updated for a long time.

What have I done , I did get a btemail about email being compromised a while ago but thought this was spam. Any ideas??

BTinternet, who share logon details with Yahoo have recently changed their logging on procedures, and if you've not logged on with a particular computer for a while, then saved passwords will be rejected.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44789

Existing accounts using a mail program such as Thunderbrd and the POP3 mail protocol are unaffected, it's only the webmail interface that's changed.

Sorry to be flippant but the best you can afford and works in the location you are at.

There are so many variables that recommending one is very difficult, mine, actually a Mobile Wi Fi, works exceptionally well when it gets a signal but is crap when it doesn't.

I use a 3 mifi unit, with a backup of a Vodafone SIM in the netbook's SIM holder. Speed and signal very greatly, even within a few hundred yards as well as on a short time scale when static. Sometimes I need to swap from one connection to the other between reading forum posts and replying.

Sorry to veer slightly but which is the best dongle for internet access. Price and performance wise ??

I like the 3 MiFi but if starting again I would buy the Mifi as the extra they charge on rental soon pays for it and also would buy pre loaded sims on ebay