Definitely getting a boat!

Graham and Jo

Featured Posts

The survey passed (with a few bits being sorted, hull black and anodes), we're finalising the paperwork on Saturday. It's a 61ft semi-traditional boat. About 13 years old but still going strong. It's at Gayton at the moment but is going to Calcutt when it's back in the water. Due to be renamed to Odnarg when the weather's OK for Jo to get out her paint brushes (It's handy being married to an artist even if boats are a bit bigger than she's used to.) Cheers Graham

:argue:

The survey passed (with a few bits being sorted, hull black and anodes), we're finalising the paperwork on Saturday. It's a 61ft semi-traditional boat. About 13 years old but still going strong. It's at Gayton at the moment but is going to Calcutt when it's back in the water. Due to be renamed to Odnarg when the weather's OK for Jo to get out her paint brushes (It's handy being married to an artist even if boats are a bit bigger than she's used to.) Cheers Graham

:argue:

Congrats and 13 isnt old its run in

And know what you mean about married to an artist Sam made a great job of ours She has 2 more to do now :excl:

Went to see the boat and 'our' pontoon at Calcutt. Staff at Calcutt seem very pleasant and easy to talk to and we liked 'our pontoon'. The boat was fine with everything ready to go (still out of the water). We handed over the cheque and now have to wait for clearence. We were a bit surprised to see the anchor missing. As we want to use the boat on rivers we thought having one was a good idea. We asked were it was and the reply was 'oh I'll put it back on then'. This left us with a slight feeling that they were trying things on a bit. It had a anchor when we looked over it, why remove it? This is the first boat we've bought so we are feeling our way a bit. Am I being paranoid? Cheers Graham

Went to see the boat and 'our' pontoon at Calcutt. Staff at Calcutt seem very pleasant and easy to talk to and we liked 'our pontoon'. The boat was fine with everything ready to go (still out of the water). We handed over the cheque and now have to wait for clearence. We were a bit surprised to see the anchor missing. As we want to use the boat on rivers we thought having one was a good idea. We asked were it was and the reply was 'oh I'll put it back on then'. This left us with a slight feeling that they were trying things on a bit. It had a anchor when we looked over it, why remove it? This is the first boat we've bought so we are feeling our way a bit. Am I being paranoid? Cheers Graham

It's a question of if he doesn't miss it we can have it.

It looks like a really nice boat, as we walked past at the weekend I mentioned to my wife there were no anodes but that seems to be sorted as per your earlier post.

The people running the marina seem very friendly and genuine to us so I would not worry too much about the anchor, I'm sure they will put it back. :blush: Nice job of the blacking too.

Good luck with your new boat.

Mark

It looks like a really nice boat, as we walked past at the weekend I mentioned to my wife there were no anodes but that seems to be sorted as per your earlier post.

The people running the marina seem very friendly and genuine to us so I would not worry too much about the anchor, I'm sure they will put it back. :rolleyes: Nice job of the blacking too.

Good luck with your new boat.

Mark

Thanks, cheered me up no end! Cheers Graham :blush::P

We now own a boat!!!!! :P:P:lol: Think we are picking it up (so to speak) Saturday. Sure picked a nice weekend for a cruise to Calcutt! Just in case the weather is too bad on Sunday I've taken Monday off!!

Lets have a picture, then. I know the excitement!

Nick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Any connection with "The adventure game" TV show? In which case I should presumably greet you with "Grinda" which IIRC was the word for "Hello"

Congratulations,

Allan

Just realised I should have replied to this one. Nope, it's nothing to do with the adventure game, in full it should be written Od 'n' Arg where 'n' is short for and. Jo is Od and I'm Arg. Cheers Gra <_<

Just realised I should have replied to this one. Nope, it's nothing to do with the adventure game, in full it should be written Od 'n' Arg where 'n' is short for and. Jo is Od and I'm Arg. Cheers Gra <_<

Cheers Gra

I did wonder about it - and I see I also mistyped where I should have said "Gronda" (everything on that programme was an anagram of Dragon. Did you realise yours was too?).

How Od is Jo then?

How's it going with the new boat. Have you been out again - or done any more to it?

Allan

Cheers Gra

I did wonder about it - and I see I also mistyped where I should have said "Gronda" (everything on that programme was an anagram of Dragon. Did you realise yours was too?).

How Od is Jo then?

How's it going with the new boat. Have you been out again - or done any more to it?

Allan

I never noticed the anagram! Actually I quite like that! Jo is a bit odd but not so much you'd notice. We've been out on the boat once since moving from Gayton to Calcutt. Just a short trip to Braunston and back. We're mostly just trying to understand the electrical and mechanical side of things but must get round to removing the old lettering from Alvechurch. Someone we met suggested putting a big sign on it saying 'ours now' There's a little more detail in our blog. Next bit of work is an oil change which we think is due. If I change the oil and filter then I'll know where we stand. I haven't been on it for a week and a bit and I'm geting withdrawal symptoms. <_< Maybe next weekend. :cheers: Cheers Gra