Slippery Decking!

Mac

Featured Posts

Hi!

I have decking on the mooring and when it is wet it is like an ice rink......

I have tried using a bass broom on it and even a jet wash, but after a short while it's just as bad.

Can anyone help with a good suggestion other that removing it?

Cheers

Mac

I required non-slip on the sides of my cabin etc, where I walk around my boat. I had discovered non-slip paint etc. and had been told about sand in paint. On a trip to the beach I got a small bag of fine sand. I painted the sides and sprinkled the sand on.

3 summers later I am pleased to say I have not slipped on this surface once, wet or dry, and despite what footwear I have on. I have slipped on the jetty and painted boat surfaces.

This way you can choose your paint colour, even to the point of actually finishing with a similar to the original. Also I think it would look better than chicken netting, or 'sandpaper' stuck, or nailed on top.

I always think the old idea still works best. Chicken netting, cheap too. (no pun)

this is indeed what my marina use. at first i wondered what it was for, untill you hit a bit of wood without netting, lol...

Certainly works very very very very well

I agree - it is a bit slippy! It was more slippy when it was washed the other day with a pressure washer. The only think I can suggest, unless you have the means to add chicken wire, is tp use different shoes or adapters for your current ones.

At my previous moorings BW renovated one side of the 'arm' with decking and on 2 occasions I nearly badly hurt myself slipping on it. The Club was alerted to the problem but BW refused to aknowledge the issue. We considered putting pierced steel sheeting down (a very posh and expensive variation on 'chicken-wire') but were warned that it may be a trip hazard and the Club would then be liable!! Crazy.

At my previous moorings BW renovated one side of the 'arm' with decking and on 2 occasions I nearly badly hurt myself slipping on it. The Club was alerted to the problem but BW refused to aknowledge the issue. We considered putting pierced steel sheeting down (a very posh and expensive variation on 'chicken-wire') but were warned that it may be a trip hazard and the Club would then be liable!! Crazy.

Paint the walkway with glue and throw sand on it. :)