Hey Eugene

fuzzyduck

Featured Posts

Exceptional service to the boating community? :P

Sorry to p!$$ on your bonfire but BW employ staff specifically to walk the length regularly checking for licence evaders, moorings overstayers etc. and actioning those that are not bona fide. I know because my sister does (or certainly did) this very job. My guess is (and apologies if this is not the case) the Cragdale was picked up on such a forray.

A vote of thanks, aye. A special award for doing her job? no way.

nay...................... they were only doing their job.

Only kidding, of course, aye.

And even if it is only a letter, they should be told that it was voted for by the people of this forum, and not just a 'standard' letter.

Edit: Hairy posted whilst I was typing, please disregard my flippant remark.

I only ever 'did my job' but it was very welcome when a member of the public wrote to say thank you , to many people are quick to complain but the praise is less forthcoming because 'they were only doing their job'

It was always a boost to receive 'thank you' letters, btw I never had a letter of complaint.

Edited by bottle

And even if it is only a letter, they should be told that it was voted for by the people of this forum, and not just a 'standard' letter.

Couldn't agree more...

BTW Nicky/Cragdale - do we have a name for this BW lady?

Anyway, that's another 'aye' from me

Allan

Edited by AllanW

AYE, for sure

But if she is anything like my other half she never misses a bloody thing. Got the eyes of a outhouse rat, I know from personal experience, especially if it concerns me and something I shouldn't [according to her] be doing. :P

Lots of aye's there

whoever discovered Cragdale did a good job, but in some ways I have to be rather negative about this (brickbats flying as usual?) because it was in part due to the annual boat check, and therefore as it stands, the discovery would have not been due to any special effort on BW's half. So the aye's have, in my view, been dispensed a bit too hastiliy. The officer was alert to the issue of Cragdale, but there are countless police officers who have done this in the line of duty and dont get any special commendation. The BW officer maybe gets a special thanks ok, but its small beer compared to other things.

Edited by fender.

That link don't work try this one Narrowboat

Just a pity that while they have a bit at the top of the page about it being found , they still also have the article at the bottom about it being stolen :P

As the latter asks people to report sightings, it really needs amending before it's real owners start to move it back to where they want it!

Edited by alan_fincher

Just a pity that while they have a bit at the top of the page about it being found , they still also have the article at the bottom about it being stolen :P

As the latter asks people to report sightings, it really needs amending before it's real owners start to move it back to where they want it!

Thats Narrowboat World - quite newsworthy of course - but often inconsistent with its links and content, and not a single method of archiving dated news. Towpath Talk does its job better.

even if it was a lock keeper who'd found it, i'd still be saying the same.

this individual was doing a boat count, didn't just switch off brain, and check for a licence. i think the personalised letter is great idea.

remembering that the last reported sighting was on a completely different part of system.

Edited by fuzzyduck

even if it was a lock keeper who'd found it, i'd still be saying the same.

this individual was doing a boat count, didn't just switch off brain, and check for a licence.

Me too, they are all "agents" of BW and are recompensed for making such checks. I've seen the tunnel keepers at Harecastle pick up on an "unlicensed" boat.

So would a stolen boat have a license then....... :P

Hey folks, thanks, that's really nice of you and I'll pass this thread on to Lisa to make sure she knows of your appreciation for her extra efforts.

One other thing..... when I heard the boat had been found (from Alan), I was in London and didn't have a chance to get the news out myself. My colleague did do the job though, but of course we missed here. Sorry! There's only so many hours in the day at the moment, for reasons you all know about all too well (garnt cuts).

Our collective thanks again to you all for the vote of support, it's much appreciated!

Eugene