Mooring time limit signage

MtB

Featured Posts

Interesting, I raised this issue of the disappearing mooring limit signs at Hillmorton where I first noticed this, at one of the boaters meeting with CRT early this year.

A notary of this forum made a joke of my observation and said "If the sign has gone you can stay for 14 days".

The CRT representatives said nothing.

Ok, how long can I leave my boat here?

IMG_16401_zpsad70c247.jpg?t=1381831866

This used to be an occasional problem but these days the vast majority of signs have been levered off. What happens if the missing sign said 48 hours and I leave my boat there seven days, say?

MtB

You can also see where Mike has dragged it up the bank, you need to be more carefull kida lol

And as for folk who think there boat is an investment are idiots...............why cant it be? an investment can be a savings account, which is what mine is, so an investment.

That looks like a power cable totem post not a mooring post.

Funny you should say that, there is a power cable warning sign about ten feet to the right of my photo, and it's brother about 30 yards further on. Both untouched.

the sign has obviously been uprooted looking at the concrete round the base, do you take it with you wherever you go mike..

:-p

Hmmm now THERE'S a good idea!

MtB

And as for folk who think there boat is an investment are idiots...............why cant it be? an investment can be a savings account, which is what mine is, so an investment.

Applying some financial rigour, you need to add up all the money you've spent associated with owning your boat including buying it, mooring it, licensing it, fixing it, blacking it etc since the day you bought it. Now see if you can sell the boat today for more than the sum of all your expenditure. If you can, then I'll accept your boat was an investment not a money pit.

Don't forget to deduct the brokerage costs involved in selling it ;)

MtB

Ooooo i can sell now and make profit even after the moving cost, and after the overplate even more :), yes i got it cheap :) and storage is as much as would be spent on a few bacon butties a week.

Ooooo i can sell now and make profit even after the moving cost, and after the overplate even more smile.png, yes i got it cheap smile.png and storage is as much as would be spent on a few bacon butties a week.

The profit is always made in the buying. Boats, houses or any big ticket item, always the same.

MtB

Spot on Onion bargee, I'm surprised they left the post.

To be honest as everything else gets vandalised why should useless signage escape the same fate.

I'm surprised actually how little gets vandalised. Water points are a prime example. They rarely get damaged, I don't think it has occurred to the local scrotes how much fun could be had with a hacksaw.

MtB

has occurred to the local scrotes how much fun could be had with a hacksaw.

MtB

Oh Oh you have done it now! Putting ideas in peoples headsbiggrin.png

Which brings me to another slightly smiley_offtopic.gif point. Water conservation/anti vandal devices. If the locals go equipped to open paddles what makes the powers that be think they won't go equipped to undo the water conservation device.

Oh Oh you have done it now! Putting ideas in peoples heads:D

Which brings me to another slightly :smiley_offtopic: point. Water conservation/anti vandal devices. If the locals go equipped to open paddles what makes the powers that be think they won't go equipped to undo the water conservation device.

Because it requires a universally available water conservation device..