Timothy Spall "All at Sea"

pophops

Featured Posts

I love Timothy Spall and particularly his wife's utter belief in him.

There are those that pootle through safe waters (both in life and in boats) and there are those that take a bit of a chance and experience far more of the richness of life.

I know which one I'd rather be :)

I love Timothy Spall and particularly his wife's utter belief in him.

There are those that pootle through safe waters (both in life and in boats) and there are those that take a bit of a chance and experience far more of the richness of life.

I know which one I'd rather be :)

I agree with those sentiments but I just wish he would have taken the trouble to learn even the basics, and he would undoubtedly have enjoyed the experience even more and decreased the risks to him and his wife.

Howard

I agree with those sentiments but I just wish he would have taken the trouble to learn even the basics, and he would undoubtedly have enjoyed the experience even more and decreased the risks to him and his wife.

Howard

There were some things he could improve on but then it wouldnt have made such good tvwink.png

According to their Facebook Page they are currently considering making a new series. They currently have Princess Matilda in Holland so not sure if thats where the next series will be based.

I liked the last series for the way that it showed their mistakes along the way and didnt try to hide them. Hopefully the next one will be equally as good.

Howard

I suspect he knows a lot more about boating than the film suggests - it makes better TV and he is an actor after all;-)

I suspect he knows a lot more about boating than the film suggests - it makes better TV and he is an actor after all;-)

I'm sorry but I have to disagree. I think you have to define what you mean by boating. He is a great actor, and personally I have always liked him, and I understand that he is an experienced inland waterways boater, but during his trip around the UK it was pretty obvious to me that he was totally out of his depth (no pun intended) for the sake of a bit of tuition. I didn't even think it made good telly after a while because he never seemed to learn from his frequent mistakes.

Howard

• 2 years later...

Timothy is on tonight on BBC4 at 7-30 a repeat

The Luck of the Irish Sea

Untrained mariner Timothy Spall has spent a fortune on technology for his new challenge - the unpredictable Irish Sea - as he and his wife continue their mini-odyssey around Britain. From Cardiff they head westto Milford Haven at the end of the River Severn and all seems well. However, Captain Spall bungles his departure to Fishguard and ends up going nowhere at full speed due to the turning tides.