Fear, excitement and thats before the survey!

Stevethetrain

Featured Posts

Its 01.15 and having just got home from work I feel the need to express this somewhere and friends and family are likely to be sound asleep.

I have booked a survey on a boat but it still feels near and far from owning the vessal. It comes with a residential mooring and I have permission to bring two of my three cats (will need to plead the case of third moggie :-(

I still need to declutter before I start packing (after I hear the survey results) then move and adjust to my new life.

Does this sound familiar or am I babbling?

I still need to declutter before I start packing (after I hear the survey results) then move and adjust to my new life.

Hope the survey goes well!

On the part about decluttering - we moved from a 4bed house with double garage that was FULL of clutter onto a boat. We gave at least 50% of our "stuff" away and a year on we still have the other 50% in storage (also about the size of a double garage, and full), of which 95% hasn't been touched. It's amazing when you identify the difference between what you really need, what you think you need and what you're only keeping because you feel like you ought to.

• Greenie 1

Hope the survey goes well!

On the part about decluttering - we moved from a 4bed house with double garage that was FULL of clutter onto a boat. We gave at least 50% of our "stuff" away and a year on we still have the other 50% in storage (also about the size of a double garage, and full), of which 95% hasn't been touched. It's amazing when you identify the difference between what you really need, what you think you need and what you're only keeping because you feel like you ought to.

Ah but the trouble with de-cluttering is, what if you threw away something you might need in the future???!!!

I'm not helping am I? ninja.gif

MtB

Its 01.15 and having just got home from work I feel the need to express this somewhere and friends and family are likely to be sound asleep.

I have booked a survey on a boat but it still feels near and far from owning the vessal. It comes with a residential mooring and I have permission to bring two of my three cats (will need to plead the case of third moggie :-(

Does this sound familiar or am I babbling?

Both.

But don't worry about the babbling. Getting a boat does this to you. It'll wear off in a few decades....

Perhaps.

MtB

Just had to re-arranged the survey so now its happening on the 9th and being done by John Tough (any feedback on his work would be appreciated!).

Thanks for the replies! I just want to get on the boat and start putting my stamp on it! :-)

Good luck with the survey. Are you going to be present for the survey? I've just bought my first boat and when my surveyor found out he encouraged me to be present and said it would be a great way for me to learn about my boat.

Where are you buying it from?