Cropredy Marina

Weyland Yutani

Featured Posts

Been meaning to update those interested with the current status of the new marina at Cropredy.

We moved Berengaria in last Tuesday and at that time they hadn't gotten round to putting the mooring rings on some of the pontoons so we were given a temporary one, but that's been fixed now so we're where we should be!

Electricity is due to be completed this week, along with the water supply. Apparently the water company hooked up to the wrong supply so it's put things back a few days. The lighting (solar jobs on the power hookups) was installed on Monday evening and so I was able to watch them light up in pretty much sequence for the first time. Ours was last to switch on but then I realised that might be due to the fact I had the boat lights on and therefore the sensor was late to kick in lol

Gravel paths are all down, the calor gas and diesel tank/pumps are in and awaiting electricity - it's so quiet and PITCH black out there at night I managed to see 3 shooting stars too. It's really shaping up nicely and everyone we've met so far has been really friendly. Apparently the main basin is already over subscribed so the smaller one is likely to fill up quickly when it opens next month.

I went past it a couple of times this summer, and it looks like a really nice place to be. I went down Braunston locks with a guy who was moving his boat there, but there was a delay on the opening so he was going to have to loiter on the Oxford for a while ... I could think of worse things to do smile.png

The currently have no residential moorings no, whether that will change when the smaller basin is finished I don't know, but I very much doubt it.

Do they have leisure moorings that they turn a blind eye to people living aboard on, would probably have been a better way of phrasing my question.

• Greenie 1

Do they have leisure moorings that they turn a blind eye to people living aboard on, would probably have been a better way of phrasingo my question.

Get an application pack, that will answer your question.

There may be a way.

Bod

Do they have leisure moorings that they turn a blind eye to people living aboard on, would probably have been a better way of phrasing my question.

I inquired about a mooring there last week by email and the first reply was no liveaboards or residential moorings, did I want leisure to leave the boat.

If no one is going to live there why have WiFi the boats don't need it.

Odd, lots of the people I know who are going there are liveaboards. Either they or the marina are in for a rude awakening if one party or the other has misunderstood...

On the application forum they ask "Number Of Nights I Would Expect To Spend Per Month Overnight On My Boat While Moored In The Marina:"

Then add: (this is for information only and does not imply any limit being imposed)

So I wonder what happens if you put in say, 30 nights per month? Presumably this is fine, as they state they are not imposing a limit!

So do I but I assume you can only use that WiFi while you are in the marina and if you can't live in the marina you will be somewhere else.

Yes I'm usually at home lol. I don't see your point sorry.

A condition of PP would have been that the moorings are for leisure not residential.

MtB

Absolutely. Just because they're asking how many nights you intend to spend on the boat doesn't mean they allow lives boards.

Especially when they specifically stated no liveaboards.

But they also state that they do not restrict how many nights you can spend aboard; lots of places do... This is the kind of "code" often used for whether somewhere allows them in practice (if they have say, a mailing address and an address they can call their base) even if they don't in theory.

• 2 years later...