Hull Earth Bond

clbrof

Featured Posts

You can buy the basic indicator from Philippi without panel, part # 514310230 priced €14.20 + 19% VAT a couple of years ago. Although based in Germany their delivery service is within a couple of days.

Thanks again, it certainly beats Steve's basic A/C input panel on our boat!

Yeah Julian,

But we would need a hell of a long shore line lead whenever we went cruising on that basis!

I find a curly cable works well

I leave mine at the moorings as I rarely use shore power when away, but then if I felt that I would need it I would just take it with me and deploy it when necessary.

• 5 months later...

Did mine with an 8mm s/s nut & bolt, had access to some 16mm earth cable so used it, don't think it needs to be that thick though.

Gibbo said good job, so good enough for me wink.png

DSCF0431.jpg

That looks neat, Julynian...

I've got a little bit of welding being done in the engine room over the W/E so thought I might get a couple of bolts welded in for AC/DC earthing at the same time!

Does SS conduct the same as mild steel? Any issues with using it?

Also, is there any reason why the bolts can't be welded half way up the bulkhead wall, for example, or is a bottom crossmember, or even the base-plate itself a better proposition?

ALSO, 12v and 240v within 3" of each other, is that ideal?

That looks neat, Julynian...

I've got a little bit of welding being done in the engine room over the W/E so thought I might get a couple of bolts welded in for AC/DC earthing at the same time!

Does SS conduct the same as mild steel? Any issues with using it?

Also, is there any reason why the bolts can't be welded half way up the bulkhead wall, for example, or is a bottom crossmember, or even the base-plate itself a better proposition?

ALSO, 12v and 240v within 3" of each other, is that ideal?

Should there not be an appropriate label as well

Keith

Will do, thanks, Keith! It's exactly what I'm after, every little detail! smile.png

Incidentally, are there labels for 12 AND 240 earth points, and should they be labelled separately?

Cheers, Stuart

most people put the two fixing points in very close of each other say 20 / 25 mm of each other

The labels i use are for 230-volt systems

You can get them all electrical wholesaler's

Keith