Would you like to attend the next National Users Forum? - 12th September

DHutch

Featured Posts

Canalworld forum have been approached to field a representative to the next national users forum, which is in Birmingham on the 12th of September. The main purpose as I understand it being to report back to the forum on what is said.

If you would be interested in representing the forum by attending please reply to this thread stating your interest and a candidate will be selected by the forum staff shortly.

Daniel

Just a though Daniel but -

If the person is representing the whole forum how about interested members put their names forward by a given date and then a poll is set up in a thread so that we can (if we choose) vote for the person we would like to represent us.

That seems more democratic to me at least, but as I say just a thought.

I'm not sure how anyone can really 'represent' a forum such as this?

Tim

I think that is actually the strength of the forum - we are all members and represent no-one but ourselves

CRT can't tell if we are a magazine or a waterways group like IWA/NABO/RBOA. Social media is a new thing that doesn't quite fit the mindset yet

Richard

Edited by RLWP

Just a though Daniel but -

If the person is representing the whole forum how about interested members put their names forward by a given date and then a poll is set up in a thread so that we can (if we choose) vote for the person we would like to represent us.

That seems more democratic to me at least, but as I say just a thought.

Couple of points. CRT need to know who is going by the end of the week and secondly the person going represents no one really it is not a talking and debating shop it is a presentation to those attending of what CRT are up to so they can report back to their members.

Couple of points. CRT need to know who is going by the end of the week and secondly the person going represents no one really it is not a talking and debating shop it is a presentation to those attending of what CRT are up to so they can report back to their members.

Maybe the use of the word 'representative' is not the best terminology perhaps.

Even so it would be good if the membership had some input into the decision and one of the beauties of the internet is that things can be set up and done extremely quickly, certainly by the end of the week., but as I say it was just a thought.

Maybe the use of the word 'representative' is not the best terminology perhaps.

Even so it would be good if the membership had some input into the decision and one of the beauties of the internet is that things can be set up and done extremely quickly, certainly by the end of the week., but as I say it was just a thought.

The function is to report back so the main qualification is the ability to stay awake. Can't see people q'ing up to go it starts at 10:30 so needs to be someone close to Birmingham

Are you volunteering John?

If not you then how about Alan Fincher?

I am not volunteering I am away at my Mothers that week I am also having a problem finding someone to go to report back to our group.

Oh yes - Richard,

who else can we volunteer between us?

Carlt?

Catrin?

strikes me it needs somebody who not only can 'stay awake' but also has the ability to succinctly capture and feedback the salient and important points, professional background in teaching would cover that I would say.

Edited by The Dog House

That's actually a comfort

OK, I'll offer my services

Richard

Edited by RLWP

I would leave it to people to volunteer personally

Fair enough John you do that.

That's actually a comfort

OK, I'll offer my services

Richard

clapping.gif

So glad I have your permission to give an opinion

It's not that at all - I just think there is no harm in encouraging people who would obviously (judging from their input to the forum) be good at it, to come forward.

If they don't that is their choice absolutely.

It's not that at all - I just think there is no harm in encouraging people who would obviously (judging from their input to the forum) be good at it, to come forward.

Surely if someone wants to go they will say so why put people under pressure to go?

Anyway Richards ticks all the boxes and he has volunteered.

Surely if someone wants to go they will say so why put people under pressure to go?

No pressure here -

Anyway Richards ticks all the boxes and he has volunteered.

You are correct John, I should not have mentioned any names, anyone who feels they fit the bill should make up their own minds without feeling they have anyone pressurising them to do it. I was being a bit silly and will walk away from the forum for half an hour and see if I can find something more productive I feel like doing

Sorry if I offended anyone :(

Richard - when you report back please can you try not to leave oily fingerprints on your post