Lister Petter

Pappa Lazarou

Featured Posts

I don't think Lister specify maximum temperature an air cooled engine should reach, presumably because of ambiguity about how you might measure it.

They tend to specify the maximum air temperature they can operate in, and how much you need to de-rate the power output once certain ambient temperatures are exceeded.

(Pedant alert: An SR3 is a Lister engine, not a Lister Petter engine!)

Anyone know what should be the normal running temperature of a Lister Petter SR3 ?

When it starts seething it's too hot- you will know when that happens, oily smoke round the area of the cylinder heads, black smoke from the exhaust, labouring engine. As the handbook says " let me breathe"- get plenty of fresh air to it. Really, you will just know! SRs talk to you, look and listen to it.

Bill

When it starts seething it's too hot- you will know when that happens, oily smoke round the area of the cylinder heads, black smoke from the exhaust, labouring engine. As the handbook says " let me breathe"- get plenty of fresh air to it. Really, you will just know! SRs talk to you, look and listen to it.

Bill

And clean out the fins from time to time. It's amazing what crap collects on the fins - especially if you have a dog

Richard