Lee and Stort Navigation

Bullfrog

Featured Posts

If you give a good long toot as you enter Lock Number One, Southmill Lock on the Stort, just outside Bishop's Stortford, Bizzard may appear from behind the bushes and complain about the noise, or if he's in a good mood entertain you with an amusing wheeeeeeze!

Hi everyone, Im in the process of buying (all being well) my first boat which right now is in Rickmansworth. Im hoping to cruise on the River Lee heading towards Totenham/Hackney. Fellow boater told me it will take two days to get there, so my question is, can any one recommend a good place to moor for night.How far are we likely to get in one full day before night hits?Thankyou!

Hi everyone, Im in the process of buying (all being well) my first boat which right now is in Rickmansworth. Im hoping to cruise on the River Lee heading towards Totenham/Hackney. Fellow boater told me it will take two days to get there, so my question is, can any one recommend a good place to moor for night.How far are we likely to get in one full day before night hits?Thankyou!

Depending on your level of experience, and assuming no problems encountered Ricky to Tottenham is "doable" in 2 days. If you are new to it 3 days might be more relaxed, and allow some margin if anything doesn't go to plan.

For a 2 day trip, you would be aiming to make your half way point somewhere on the Paddington Arm, but if you want to get near to Little Venice or Paddington for the overnight stop, your first day may be a fairly long one.