Using vinyl on bathroom walls ..... the results.

Featured Posts

A few weeks back I asked if anyone had used vinyl flooring on shower/bathroom walls. I few said they had with good results.

Many man hours later here is my new bathroom complete with vinyl walls (both top and bottom) with excellent results. (see pics)

Advice if you do it ..... use plenty of 'vinyl' adhesive spray (not carpet adhesive) , do not skimp otherwise you get air pockets. The surface must be completely flat that you are sticking it to. (I had issues with a few screw heads)

Yes I learnt the hard way !

3rd picture is a before picture after 3 years of 'leaky' tiling.

bathampsink2013_zpsb77ac2f6.jpg

toilet2013_zps60829cc5.jpg

showerbefore2013_zpsa8873063.jpg

A few weeks back I asked if anyone had used vinyl flooring on shower/bathroom walls. I few said they had with good results.

Many man hours later here is my new bathroom complete with vinyl walls (both top and bottom) with excellent results. (see pics)

Advice if you do it ..... use plenty of 'vinyl' adhesive spray (not carpet adhesive) , do not skimp otherwise you get air pockets. The surface must be completely flat that you are sticking it to. (I had issues with a few screw heads)

Yes I learnt the hard way !

3rd picture is a before picture after 3 years of 'leaky' tiling.

bathampsink2013_zpsb77ac2f6.jpg

toilet2013_zps60829cc5.jpg

showerbefore2013_zpsa8873063.jpg

Yup.

We had our bathroom redone last year and had the shower cubicle covered in vinyl. To enable a good flat surface we had ours lined with hardboard first. Looks good, very waterproof, easy to clean and no poxy grout !!

Tim

Yup.

We had our bathroom redone last year and had the shower cubicle covered in vinyl. To enable a good flat surface we had ours lined with hardboard first. Looks good, very waterproof, easy to clean and no poxy grout !!

Tim

Same here, now 12 years old