Out of marina

14skipper

Featured Posts

So you feel uncomfortable with one section of boaters lobbying why would could they do that would harm other boaters, trying to ensure CRT are aware of the problems some CCers have is hardly going to harm any other boaters. A certain section of boaters in this case CCers having discussions among the themselves hardly spells the end of the Waterway system as we know it.

It is more the principle of one section lobbying that I am uncomfortable with rather than what they might do.

However following some of the threads it is clear that certain sections of the boating community are happier/more unhappy with say restrictions to VMs. I am sure if I spent time thinking about it (which at this time on a Saturday I am not) I could pick out a few areas of conflict between differing types of boater.

I also didn't suggest that it was the end of the world you are rather putting words into my mouth. However I am sure that you could see situations where one section of the boating community could discuss and agree ideas for lobbying which were detrimental to others e.g. hire company owners v CCers

It is more the principle of one section lobbying that I am uncomfortable with rather than what they might do.

However following some of the threads it is clear that certain sections of the boating community are happier/more unhappy with say restrictions to VMs. I am sure if I spent time thinking about it (which at this time on a Saturday I am not) I could pick out a few areas of conflict between differing types of boater.

I also didn't suggest that it was the end of the world you are rather putting words into my mouth. However I am sure that you could see situations where one section of the boating community could discuss and agree ideas for lobbying which were detrimental to others e.g. hire company owners v CCers

You really need to go to one of these meetings before passing judgement. Your comments are way off the mark. Unfounded comments are what cause division.

I'm done John _ good luck

you keep saying this and coming back.

either feck off or make a point.

I don't particularly want to be represented by anyone as I dont particularly fit any category that I will see represents me.

I wouod rather represent myself, attend meetings in my local area, but would like to comment on areas where I may well cruise soon.

The "midlands" meeting in Birmingham discussed the SE moorings proposals, and the CaRT personnel were uncomfortable that this was being discussed, although, as some of the locations are in the midlands, they had no choice.

I visited Berkhamsted this week, and was surprised to see not a single moorings signage anywhere except for the No mooring signage opposite the old hire base winding hole.

It is also blatantly obvious that the enforcement progress made in much of the rest of the midlands hasn't been replicated in Berko, with Dantian, MyBoyclive and Coshise still within 200 yards of where they were when I was down there in 2009 and then in 2011. I can see why this gets Loddon's back up.

All I have said since day 1 is sort the enforcement out - consistently and fairly, and then there will be improvements across the system - it has worked in the Braunston, Fazeley, Great Haywood area, why shouldn't it work elsewhere.

....without new rules being introduced.

• Greenie 1

I do love this forum, somebody can tell somebody to feck off when they simply would not have the balls to say the same to their face.

Be abusive as you you like Matt, feel free. It doesn't advance any sort of argument though.

I do love this forum, somebody can tell somebody to feck off when they simply would not have the balls to say the same to their face.

Be abusive as you you like Matt, feel free. It doesn't advance any sort of argument though.

I'd say it to your face, it's probably what's needed!

In fact, at this moment in time, I am building a task force of Pygmy goats to march north!

Edited by jenlyn

You really need to go to one of these meetings before passing judgement. Your comments are way off the mark. Unfounded comments are what cause division.

If I had mentioned meetings your comment might be pertinent. However I was trying to make the point that any form of clique/meeting/pressure group/what ever that shows boaters as anything other than a united front was doing all boaters a disservice in my opinion (which I think I am still allowed to have).

I did query why a closed group (for the same reasons as above). I do feel you are trying to read more into my post than was there.

I would say exactly the same to your face if you kept coming back with the same "Im off", "Bye Bye", "I am well with my life thanks, good luck as I say in your quest with John.","I'm done John _ good luck".

Say something worth saying, say something worth listening to, or, yes, shut up.

The moorings issues, so called CC, CM issues etc are very hot topics, if you don't have a point worth making then comment on wrigglefingers latest sewing thread.

If you cant find it it's because she has blocked you.

Lol, pmsl.....

Greenie

I would say exactly the same to your face if you kept coming back with the same "Im off", "Bye Bye", "I am well with my life thanks, good luck as I say in your quest with John.","I'm done John _ good luck".

The moorings issues, so called CC, CM issues etc are very hot topics, if you don't have a point worth making then comment on wrigglefingers latest sewing thread.

Ah Matt at last some sense and IMO the best people to sort out the non compliant continuous cruiser issue are continuous cruisers, and we are making steps forward. Because they are hot topics they need sorting

I find the fact that one member feels the need to convey that another member has blocked somebody, when they themselves haven't conveyed the same very very peculiar.

But for the record being blocked by somebody doesn't prevent one from finding the posts by the person who has blocked them.

ed Have another greenie though for your contribution.

Edited by The Dog House

Can you explain to me why you dragged me into this, Matty? I am really upset about it.

FYI, I've never started a sewing thread in this forum either, although I've tried to help various people as it's my profession. I'm struggling to understand why that's worthy of your comment.

PS tried to say this in a pm but you appear to have blocked me. Is your message box full?

Edited by wrigglefingers
  • Greenie 1