Boat Blacking Blisworth area

Featured Posts

Does anyone have any recommendations to get my boat blacked in the Blisworth area (anywhere on that pound) from say mid-October onwards. I'll be new to the area so unsure of the relative pluses and minuses of the firms in that area.

Edited by Leo No2

The marina down the Northampton Arm (only about 300 yards from the junction), was Alvechurch don't know if it still is. Try 01604 858 685.

No connection with me, used them some time ago, worth a phone call though.

Does anyone have any recommendations to get my boat blacked in the Blisworth area (anywhere on that pound) from say mid-October onwards. I'll be new to the area so unsure of the relative pluses and minuses of the firms in that area.

Try Baxters at Yardley Gobion.

Our boat is in Baxters at the moment for blacking, roof paint etc. Jon came highly recommended to us and he originally painted her - well one side anyway! Plus he's a really lovely chap! We're based at Blisworth which is only a 4-5 hour cruise from Yardley. There are boatyards that are closer, Heyford Fields, Blisworth Tunnel Boatyard and the Grand Junction Boat Company at Blisworth Arm, but we don't have any experience of them. Might be worth a few phone calls though,

Gayton Marina (Alvechurch) do blacking on hard standing, the crane appears to be in bits at the moment but I'm sure will be restored before the autumn as they use it for their own hire fleet. 01604 858685.

Thanks all. That's really most helpful. I move from Woking to Stoke Bruerne late this month but the house needs attention so it won't be until June I move in. I had booked my boat into the place it was last blacked on the Thames but when I checked today they had cancelled it because they had heard I was moving 'up north'. They have so far refused to give me my deposit back but I have two 'heavies' who will sort that!

I will make some arrangements after reviewing the options you have kindly given me.

Edited by Leo No2