Bulbourne yard

valrene9600

Featured Posts

Did a forum search but only came up with Marsworth.

Anyone aware of the Bulbourne yard development.

http://www.marsworth.org.uk/11.html

http://pcko.co.uk/bww/0734%20Tring/F0734%20Submission%20Tring%20021107%20email.pdf

Scroll down this one and some fancy footbridge planned at Bulbourne.

Sorry got all confused trying to put proper links. (old age and lack of PC knowledge)

Edit; they seem to work

Edited by valrene9600

Are these documents dated at all ?

The second one seems to contain a whole host of stuff on Marsworth yard, not just Bulbourne, and as that doesn't even look to be the first planning proposal that got chucked out there, let alone what is now being developed, so I'm guessing the whole document is pretty old ?

If so does the Bulbourne stuff actaully relate to any particular plans currently being considered ?

The "fancy bridge" does not appear to be one that would pass boat traffic without being a lift bridge, and I can't really see that gaining approval.

I'm wondering if that document relates to anything vaguely likely to be considered at all? It all looks like a planner having an inventive day, rather than something likely to gain approval, (but what do I know? :lol:).

The first document does say CRT rather than BW, but I can't find any reference to this consultation on CRT's own web-site.

(Confused of Hertfordshire!)

The second one seems to contain a whole host of stuff on Marsworth yard, not just Bulbourne, and as that doesn't even look to be the first planning proposal that got chucked out there, let alone what is now being developed, so I'm guessing the whole document is pretty old ?

If so does the Bulbourne stuff actaully relate to any particular plans currently being considered ?

The "fancy bridge" does not appear to be one that would pass boat traffic without being a lift bridge, and I can't really see that gaining approval.

I'm wondering if that document relates to anything vaguely likely to be considered at all? It all looks like a planner having an inventive day, rather than something likely to gain approval, (but what do I know? :lol:).

The first document does say CRT rather than BW, but I can't find any reference to this consultation on CRT's own web-site.

(Confused of Hertfordshire!)

Must be something going on it`s a CRT document.

The Marsworth site has been cleared leaving just the old office building.

Must be something going on it`s a CRT document.

The Marsworth site has been cleared leaving just the old office building.

Yes, I'm aware of status of the Marsworth site, but what is going on it bears little resemblance to what is in the second doc you linked to - which is why I think the Bulbourne stuff in that is also unlikely to be current.

I acknowledged the stuff in the first link has a CRT logo, but curiously there is nothing I can find on CRT's web-site about any consultation, either as a past one, or a current one.

However, I do note they use a photo of Bulbourne depot as the header for their "Current Consultations" page. Coincidence or connected? I have no idea!

Found this reference in the Minutes of Tring council 19th Nov 2012

Marsworth Parish Council invited a representative from the Council to attend a meeting it was holding with the Canals & Rivers Trust (successor body to British Waterways) on Monday 10th December 2012 at 8 p.m. at the Millennium Hall, Marsworth on CART’s proposals for development at Bulbourne Yard. Councillor Nutkins volunteered to attend.

Also this from minutes of asubsequent meeting of Marsworth Parish Council....

v) Bulbourne Yard – the following comments will be forwarded to CRT, Tring Town Council and Bulbourne Residents Association as a result of the presentation at the December meeting.

• The Council would prefer that the historic character of the site is retained

• The suggestion of a footbridge alongside the existing road bridge was welcomed

• No increase in demand for parking outside the site was agreed to be essential

I know one of the parish councillors, and will be drinking with her in a couple of days time - I'll ask her what she knows.

Edited by alan_fincher

Interesting that the Marsworth Village website seems to have acquired a BW/CRT consultation document on development at Bulbourne, when there is nothing on the CRT website. Seems a reasonable question for those here who are in touch with CRT management to ask why!

The pdf file from PCKO architects was created on 2 November 2007.

Since it relates to both sites I presume it was part of BW's looking at the development possibilites for both locations, but so far they have only proceded with the Marsworth site. I guess we can now look forward to the same sort of thing happening at Bulbourne.

Interesting that the Marsworth Village website seems to have acquired a BW/CRT consultation document on development at Bulbourne, when there is nothing on the CRT website. Seems a reasonable question for those here who are in touch with CRT management to ask why!

I agree.

I have just emailed Jeff Whyatt, manager, South East Waterways, pointing out that CRT materials appear to be on a public site, but not on their own consultations page.

I'll post any reply I receive.

Something is going on so their answer will be interesting. All the buildings are Grade ll listed so might give problems to a developer. Their is though a fairly large plot around the buildings so the site could be a possible money tree for a developer.

Would be a shame to see it change.

Following reply received.....

Dear Mr Fincher

Thank you for your recent note to Jeff Whyatt.

We have prepared a document called The Future of Bulbourne Yard; I think this is what you might have seen. I attach a clean copy of this for you.

We have met with and discussed this document with a number of stakeholder groups with the aim of gathering information and views/thoughts before embarking on the production of a scheme for this site, as we would like to incorporate as much of the feedback from stakeholders as possible into the proposal.

Please feel free to contact either my colleague Aiden Johnson- Hugill or myself if you would like to discuss further.

Kind regards

James Lazarus

Head of Property Development - South

The "clean copy" of the document is here

Following reply received.....

The "clean copy" of the document is here

Obviously they have a lot of issues with the towpath moorings opposite the yard right outside the pub, right in the middle of the SE mooring consultation hotspots between Marsworth and Cowroast for those that dont know.

Obviously they have a lot of issues with the towpath moorings opposite the yard right outside the pub, right in the middle of the SE mooring consultation hotspots between Marsworth and Cowroast for those that dont know.

I did wonder why Bulbourne wasn't included in the consultation. Maybe another 'No Mooring' stretch once the new residents object to boats moored on the canal?

edited to insert 'moored'

Edited by bjornunda