Navigation Advisory Group in CRT

churchward

Featured Posts

I had heard that this had been setup now but I did not realise just how many people were involved.

Although not elected representatives these guys may also be a group worthy of contact and inquiry for initiatives such as Cotswoldsman's meetings up north.

CRT on their website has this to say about it...

"Maintaining canal and river navigation for use by boats is at the core of what the Trust does. We want to ensure that our managers’ decisions are well informed by those who navigate the waterways regularly."

It is split into two sub-groups

1. Navigation Operations

Advice relating to safety standards, waterway operation, maintenance & repairs, and customer service standards.

2. Licensing & Mooring

Advice relating to boat licensing and moorings policies and the way in which they are implemented.

this is the relevent URL on the CRT website.

http://canalrivertrust.org.uk/about-us/governance/national-advisory-groups/navigation-advisory-group

Edited by churchward

Although not elected representatives these guys may also be a group worthy of contact and inquiry for initiatives such as Cotswoldsman's meetings up north.

To be fair to CRT, they did look to some of the Council boater representative candidates that failed to get elected to join these groups.

I would have very much liked to do it, but clearly didn't do well enough in my telephone interview(!) (Well there could be another reason, but we'll not go into that!).

One of the people who was selected is Sue Cawson, and you'll not find many people with more experience of "navigation" on the Canal than Sue has, so that is one choice I feel very comfortable with.

David Fletcher from NABO seems a very safe pair of hands too.

I support this initiative, and have strong hopes with some good people involved that they could really add value.

To be fair to CRT, they did look to some of the Council boater representative candidates that failed to get elected to join these groups.

I agree, there was no implied criticism. Just a thought that since part of the group at least is about moorings and the like it would be good to engage with some of these people about winter and other mooring issues.

I was surprised at the number of them in this group though but not necessarily a bad thing as hopefully that means some wide spread opinion and points of view are aired.

Sue Cawson was very high up my list of choices for the voting process so it is good to see her involved in another capacity.

Didn't spot there are two versions of this thread, before I answered....

Other thread

Can you merge them, please, mods?

Yes sorry, my fault I posted at first in the wrong section. I did add a footnote to the other post to delete it but merge would be better now that there is a reply there.

Edited by churchward

I had heard that this had been setup now but I did not realise just how many people were involved.

CRT on their website has this to say about it...

"Maintaining canal and river navigation for use by boats is at the core of what the Trust does. We want to ensure that our managers’ decisions are well informed by those who navigate the waterways regularly."

It is split into two sub-groups

1. Navigation Operations

Advice relating to safety standards, waterway operation, maintenance & repairs, and customer service standards.

2. Licensing & Mooring

Advice relating to boat licensing and moorings policies and the way in which they are implemented.

this is the relevent URL on the CRT website.

http://canalrivertrust.org.uk/about-us/governance/national-advisory-groups/navigation-advisory-group

There are some good names there IMO