UNLOADING OF A WIDEBEAM 57 X 10..INFORMATION REQUIRED

i love my narrowboat

Featured Posts

Good Morning

Does anyone know where my friend can get his widebeam 57 x 10 put into the River Nene nearest to Ditchford Lock NN8 1RL postcode. it needs to be hardstanding for the crane, if anyone can help please ring Mick 07897943787.

He has transport all arranged and just needs an offloading space.

thank you

Good Morning

Does anyone know where my friend can get his widebeam 57 x 10 put into the River Nene nearest to Ditchford Lock NN8 1RL postcode. it needs to be hardstanding for the crane, if anyone can help please ring Mick 07897943787.

thank you

Wanderingsnail did there craning at Wisbech and then travelled up the Nene.

Edited by Theo
  • Greenie 1

Good Morning

thank you

Can't they get a crane in at Ditchford where the canoe centre is?

oh dear. definatlely no sites suitable for craning on the river in the vacinity of wellingborough or anywhere else for that matter. other than wisbech or stibington as mentioned at start of post.

as a slim chance give clive hodgeson at willy watt/blackthorn a ring, he MAY be able to help at blackthorn marina, but dont quote me on that.....

as far as i am aware river is on SSA still.

oh dear. definatlely no sites suitable for craning on the river in the vacinity of wellingborough or anywhere else for that matter. other than wisbech or stibington as mentioned at start of post.

as a slim chance give clive hodgeson at willy watt/blackthorn a ring, he MAY be able to help at blackthorn marina, but dont quote me on that.....

as far as i am aware river is on SSA still.

Can you crain at the club or is it all slipway work?

You could get it slipped at Foxes at March then navigate there. Or a bit more of a trip try Upware Marina Gt. Ouse (own crane) or Westview at Earith with own crane as well.

Maybe even Billfen marina. On the Middle Levels. They have slippage but not sure if it can do 10'.

Good Morning

thank you

There was a wide beam craned in on the lane opposite to Oundle Marina last year.

Edited by ditch paddler

Further to Biggle's post, I know that 10' widebeams have navigated from Salter's Lode to March but I don't know if it'd be possible to get right through to Stanground. Brigatte Bend in Whittlesea would be great fun!

70 x 14 if I remember my book right, but that did also say we could get through St. Ives lock but that proved wrong.

• Greenie 1