How much diesel

Whitewater

Featured Posts

Turn it off at night as well, that'll save even more!

Sorry, I'm just putting my coat on!

You'll need to wear the coat if the fire's been turned off all day AND all night......

Whitewater: - a 1/3 Ltr per hour I think is very reasonable (although I do not have a diesel stove - mine's a Morso solid fuel)

I'd be surprised if you could find a substantially better fuel efficient diesel heater tbh.

As a guide though - we are running our stove on smokeless fuel 24/7, and it's costing £18 per week - (and we're toasty) - so maybe at some point in the future it may be worth considering changing over to solid fuel?

I have a standard old dutch OD4 kabola. I leave it on as low as I can all day. I went through 160 litres in 20 days. Am I doing something wrong

That is exactly the consumption of the OD7 from their data sheet http://www.kabola.nl/pdf/OD-EN.pdf so maybe its not running on minimum you should only have used 115.2 Lt.

I have a standard old dutch OD4 kabola. I leave it on as low as I can all day. I went through 160 litres in 20 days. Am I doing something wrong

I don't have consumption figures for a Kabola, but I've just had a look at those for the broadly similar Refleks.

If you run a 5KW Refleks at full whack you'll consume 384 litres a 20 day, 24 hours per day period. Turned right down the rate is 86.4 litres.

Then there's the question of insulation. A non insulated boat will almost double the consumption, according the the table supplied by Refleks.

You do seem to be using a lot of fuel. I would check that you really have got thestove turned right down. There's not much you can do about the insulation, although some form of double glazing on the windows may help.

You'll need to wear the coat if the fire's been turned off all day AND all night......

Whitewater: - a 1/3 Ltr per hour I think is very reasonable (although I do not have a diesel stove - mine's a Morso solid fuel)

I'd be surprised if you could find a substantially better fuel efficient diesel heater tbh.

As a guide though - we are running our stove on smokeless fuel 24/7, and it's costing £18 per week - (and we're toasty) - so maybe at some point in the future it may be worth considering changing over to solid fuel?

+1 give or take a £ or so per week.