water level

Angel

Featured Posts

Hi Martin,

That grid is brill if only it was right. Have you been to Torksey today.

As I write this my Husband is there with the Locke's, hopefully in a dingy trying to loosen boat ropes before thy sink including our own boat.

The risers are at the top of the poles and know where else to go.

Hi

Where do I go to get the levels at Sawley Lock

Alex

Or ask me.

Currently the water is over topping Sawley Flood Lock, the canal side moorings at the Marina are just above the water level. The Trent has flooded the fields between the river and Sawley Cut and is spilling into the cut. Down at Sawley lock the levels of the river have flooded the small area around the facilities, and were just about to top the lock gates. Warren La along the side of the marina has been renamed as the River Warren with a depth of at least 12" and a good strong current. The Tamworth Road junction with Warren Lane/River has been re designated as a river roundabout with some vehicles driving left about but some following the boaty rules and going right about and is chaos. Drivers are going too fast and their bow waves are upsetting cyclists, pedestrians and moored cars.

A little like the canals really.

Edited by jelunga

Hi Martin,

As I write this my Husband is there with the Locke's, hopefully in a dingy trying to loosen boat ropes before thy sink including our own boat.

Martin does not need first hand knowledge. He can Google it! :)

• Greenie 2

Hi Martin,

Hi Angel - I was only posting the EA level gauge to re-enforce your point that levels were very high - you seem to think I have done it for another reason.

I have no doubt what you are saying is correct.

Martin does not need first hand knowledge. He can Google it! :)

See above - however you are incorrect as I keep the level gauges in my book marks so I can keep track of various levels which as has been mentioned several times on here are a mere indication and can under or overstate the current actual position in any particular location.

Edited by The Dog House

Hi Martin,

I know you didn't do it for any other reason.But the gird is wrong and thats not your fault.

At the moment the boats are all safe and lots of people turned up to help.

Going back tomorrow to check again.

Hi Martin,

I know you didn't do it for any other reason.But the gird is wrong and thats not your fault.

At the moment the boats are all safe and lots of people turned up to help.

Going back tomorrow to check again.

The EA gauges are just an indication, I should have made this clear when I posted - we often find that they say levels are down on the Aire implying passage is OK when in fact all the flood locks are closed due to river levels.

Hope your boat is OK - it seems as if the rain might be subsiding soon.

- I'm going to see ours tomorrow and hoping that given where we are all is OK - but need to double check.

The EA gauges are just an indication, I should have made this clear when I posted - we often find that they say levels are down on the Aire implying passage is OK when in fact all the flood locks are closed due to river levels.

Hope your boat is OK - it seems as if the rain might be subsiding soon.

- I'm going to see ours tomorrow and hoping that given where we are all is OK - but need to double check.

Surely IIRC the EA gauge is below Torksey & monitors the Trent ?

Cant see one for Torksey on the Fossdyke Side (Anglian)

Plenty around Lincoln & Bardney levels are currently

Hopefully thats peaked for you fingers crossed for no more rain !

ChartImage.jpg?Id=250&ChartType=Graph

Or ask me.

Currently the water is over topping Sawley Flood Lock, the canal side moorings at the Marina are just above the water level. The Trent has flooded the fields between the river and Sawley Cut and is spilling into the cut. Down at Sawley lock the levels of the river have flooded the small area around the facilities, and were just about to top the lock gates. Warren La along the side of the marina has been renamed as the River Warren with a depth of at least 12" and a good strong current. The Tamworth Road junction with Warren Lane/River has been re designated as a river roundabout with some vehicles driving left about but some following the boaty rules and going right about and is chaos. Drivers are going too fast and their bow waves are upsetting cyclists, pedestrians and moored cars.

A little like the canals really.

Much worse now. Sawley cut, the surrounding fields car parks and the river Trent itself are all now as one. Just one huge area of very fast moving water as far as you can see. Just to top it all its just started peeing it down :wacko:

Tim