Interesting canal items on ebay

AMModels

Featured Posts

Theres been a few listings posted on the forum, I thought it might be good to have athread where we can post them all together and maybe discuss or appraise them, I just saw this and thought it would be interesting to a few of us.

old FMC photograph

caught my eye as it is the butty Walsall, not seen a pic of it before that I can recall; thought when reading the description on the listing that it was a scene in Walsall but ....

I think its a posed picture, were there any more taken the same way like we see the pics of the steamers?

Theres been a few listings posted on the forum, I thought it might be good to have athread where we can post them all together and maybe discuss or appraise them, I just saw this and thought it would be interesting to a few of us.

old FMC photograph

caught my eye as it is the butty Walsall, not seen a pic of it before that I can recall; thought when reading the description on the listing that it was a scene in Walsall but ....

I think its a posed picture, were there any more taken the same way like we see the pics of the steamers?

This has been on ebay before, the mystery is where was it taken, I have it in our collection but cannot id the location.

Looks like the row of terraced buildings to the left are set at an angle to the line of the canal. Only place I can think of like that is about 400 yards south of Hilmorton Wharf. These are the ones being done up at the moment.

Someone come back and tell me I'm wrong, but its bugging me as well!

It also has a kind of look similar to Edward's restaurant building at Crick but not exactly. If we could see further to the left, maybe the road bridge (or more probably lack of it) would confirm /deny my tentative theory.

Roger

Edited by Albion

Looks like the row of terraced buildings to the left are set at an angle to the line of the canal. Only place I can think of like that is about 400 yards south of Hilmorton Wharf. These are the ones being done up at the moment.

Someone come back and tell me I'm wrong, but its bugging me as well!

Yes by the winding hole. I thought they were looking quite smart we we passed them in September

Sorry, Opposite

Edited by ditchcrawler