Cratch Covers in London

Featured Posts

Hello,

We've had our trusted narrowboat Barton for a few months now and looking at investing in a cratch board+cover or a framed cratch. We've got water leaking into the hull from the bow, so time to cover it up. Does anyone know a company that makes cratch covers in London? The companies I've found on the internet and around don't really service the london area and we'd have to go further north than Watford, which is a bit of a pain.

Would be greatful for any recommendations, especially since we're on a bit of a budget...

Thanks!

Marie & Simon

Try a sail maker. I used a guy who makes sails when my boat was in a boat yard in Kent. He made quite a nice job and much cheaper than a pram hood, cratch hood maker. I must admit I made my own timber A frame for the cratch but he provided stainless steel frame for pramhood.

Wilsons of Kinver travelled down to the Slough Arm to do ours so companies will travel especially now in this financial climate.

Wilsons no longer trade but there are a couple of Phoenix's that have risen from their ashes.

What is the plural of Phoenix?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the tips everyone - seems like there is a gap in the market here... I think I'm actually going to attempt to fabricate something myself as a temporary solution (depending on how well it turns out...

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

Have you had any joy constructing your cover? Where abouts are you? (postcode?).

We have a Job down at Willow tree marina at the moment but not going back down to "the smoke" untill this sports day thingy has finished as the traffic starts to get a little much at the moment.