1.5kw 240vac 6.2 kva

Featured Posts

I really need some sparky wizz kid to to guide this electric numpty.My inverter is a sterling pro combi pure sine wave inverter charger 2300watt, (24 volt) on the bumf with it it says max 32 amp imput from shore or gen set.I have a battery bank of 850 amps, wired in series/parrell to give 24 volts, which gives me 425 amps, yes ? i just tried mt .750kw honda and of course, it could not power the inverter on battery charge. did not expect it too. well i have a seen a rather nice Lister sli electric start for sale, which is 1.5kw 240vac 6.2 kva, all at 1500rpm. will this power my inverter ? I promice to never take the micky out of people on JSA, Old peopl. people with cruiser sterns on semi trads,solar panels or even any one else, if i can get straight forward answer. :cheers:

Edited by micky44

Firstly, can you check the units you're quoting the battery specification in - 850 amps? Do you mean CCA (cold cranking amps) or AH (amp-hour)?

Secondly, P = V x I (but when it is generated there is an efficiency in conversion which means figures quoted in kW are lower than those quoted in kva). I know generator manufacturers like to quote in VA instead of Watts because it makes the figures look better, but something which is 1.5kW and 6.2 kva sounds wrong! Can you check this too?

Those figures for the output of the Lister are very, very peculiar!!

Crudely speaking, watts = volts x amps, so 1.5kW is about the same as 1.5kva (ignoring the "power factor" of the generator).

So is it a 1.5kw generator, or is it a 6.2kw generator??

(the speed is not really relevant in the discussion of power, only frequency)

If it is a 1.5kw, 230v, ac generator the its not got enough output, but if its a 6.2kva (230v, ac) then its more than powerful enough.

Firstly, can you check the units you're quoting the battery specification in - 850 amps? Do you mean CCA (cold cranking amps) or AH (amp-hour)?

Secondly, P = V x I (but when it is generated there is an efficiency in conversion which means figures quoted in kW are lower than those quoted in kva). I know generator manufacturers like to quote in VA instead of Watts because it makes the figures look better, but something which is 1.5kW and 6.2 kva sounds wrong! Can you check this too?

hi, thanks for the reply, my total battery bank is 850 amp hour, which as stated is wired in series parrell, giving 425 at 24 volt. hear is the link to the genny on ebay, cheers Item number: 170855248040 dam the link never worked sorry.

Edited by micky44

hi, thanks for the reply, my total battery bank is 850 amp hour, which as stated is wired in series parrell, giving 425 at 24 volt. hear is the link to the genny on ebay, cheers Item number: 170855248040 dam the link never worked sorry.

I'd suggest to message the seller and get him to confirm the specs, and where he got them from etc.

That Lister Engine will create 3.5 or 3.6 BHP so it cannot generate 6+KVA. I'm tempted to accept the 1.5KW and offer a 1.3KVA suggestion.

That lot seems to have some vintage niceness but no real power and there may be a lot of noise according to the silencer.

Personally I think you may find better.

ebay linky

I'd suggest to message the seller and get him to confirm the specs, and where he got them from etc.

$(KGrHqZ,!kwE-nNShph)BPt+khRcr!~~60_3.JPGHere is my Lister SL1 1.5kw 240vac 6.2 kva diesel generating set, ideal for building lighting were there is no mains electric etc, starting is by key or starting handle, control gear mounted in one control box mounted on top of the generator, fitted 30ma rcd with single phase socket, engine has been stripped down cleaned and repainted ( no wear found in cylinder bore or rest of engine ), new gaskets and wiring fitted, starts first time , mounted on heavy duty frame with wheels for ease of moving, sold complete with battery/ starting handle and original lister parts and operating manual,

that one

cheers arthur, as you say 2 bhp should be able to produce 1kw, as to the noise, i would re engineer the exhaust, my concern is would it power the inverter do you think ? cheers micky.

ebay linky

$(KGrHqZ,!kwE-nNShph)BPt+khRcr!~~60_3.JPGHere is my Lister SL1 1.5kw 240vac 6.2 kva diesel generating set, ideal for building lighting were there is no mains electric etc, starting is by key or starting handle, control gear mounted in one control box mounted on top of the generator, fitted 30ma rcd with single phase socket, engine has been stripped down cleaned and repainted ( no wear found in cylinder bore or rest of engine ), new gaskets and wiring fitted, starts first time , mounted on heavy duty frame with wheels for ease of moving, sold complete with battery/ starting handle and original lister parts and operating manual,

that one

cheers Matty :cheers:

cheers arthur, as you say 2 bhp should be able to produce 1kw, as to the noise, i would re engineer the exhaust, my concern is would it power the inverter do you think ? cheers micky.

cheers Matty :cheers:

What's the output amps from your charger?

What's the output amps from your charger?

out put current 35AMP. It is the sterling pro combi inverter charger 2300watt 24 volt. please dont think i know what im talking about, just reading the bumf, give me a spanner any day. :cheers:

Edited by micky44

out put current 25AMP. It is the sterling pro combi inverter charger 2300watt 24 volt. please dont think i know what im talking about, just reading the bumf, give me a spanner any day. :cheers:

That genny will run it then. I fit sterling 25 amp chargers with Honda 1.0, and they work fine.

Hi Micky,

I have one of those generators, 1.5Kw was its max, It was a start-o-matic and it was seriously noisy, couldn't hear yourself think near to it. I replaced it with a CS, much pleasanter !

cheers, David

SDC14533.jpg[/img]

Hi Micky,

I have one of those generators, 1.5Kw was its max, It was a start-o-matic and it was seriously noisy, couldn't hear yourself think near to it. I replaced it with a CS, much pleasanter !

cheers, David

what like this ? this is in my workshop, try as i might, i wont fit in the engine room !!!

Edited by micky44