central heating pump

owen

Featured Posts

i had a bolin pump which was 12v and is known to be one of the best. However, it was still quite noisy when it was going but we linked it up to a timer, so it only came on for 2 minutes every 20 minutes (back boiler on the stove)

We ended up scrapping it though because we ended up working out how to thermosyphon the rads.

If I had to go for another pump though again, i'd probably stick with Bolin as they are one of the better and most reliable brands from talking to different people, although they are a little expensive, but I suppose you get what you pay for!

I believe Bolin Pumps have gorn, taken over and dumped.

anyother pumps available out there beside bolin im thinking of using a heatexchanger from engine to calorifier then to rads so can have rads working while engine is running but would need some type of pump to push water round rads not decided wether to go solid fuel or diesel for second coil

anyother pumps available out there beside bolin im thinking of using a heatexchanger from engine to calorifier then to rads so can have rads working while engine is running but would need some type of pump to push water round rads not decided wether to go solid fuel or diesel for second coil

Hi

Have a look here - EBay

I use a Eberspacher pump for just this.

Alex

Johnson pumps like this one seem to be quite good these days. They take a bit more current than the Bolin, and are marginally noisier, but they seem quite reliable (the early ones weren't but since they changed to magnetic drive they seem to last pretty well)

ive just seen these aswell im going to give them a ring tomorrow to see if they do one without the electrickery in it that allows it to start with solar power ill let you know how i get on with that one looks promising tho

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.

Just seen this on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-DC-CPU-Cooling-CAR-Brushless-Water-Pump-DC50D-1240-Brand-NEW-/261015154007?pt=UK_HomeGarden_Garden_PondsWaterFeatures_UK&hash=item3cc5b72d57

Do you think it would be suitable as a replacement for a Johnson central heating pump?

3.8A is very thirsty for juice. Even the lowest power pump in the range is 1A, which is more than five times the consumption of a Bolin.

MP.