Tappet sequence Beta 43

DobieJade

Featured Posts

Hi

Does anyone know the tappet sequence for Beta 43hp tappets? I know the clearance and I know they are adjustable.

Would be grateful for info. Thank you

If you put Beta Tappets in the search engine,it will give you your answer.

Regards.

Twinpot.

Hi

Does anyone know the tappet sequence for Beta 43hp tappets? I know the clearance and I know they are adjustable.

Not certain of the sequence as it might not be the most usual one. Turn fuel off at the tap. Make sure the engine stop is in the engine stop position and or ignition switch is in the off position before carrying out procedure below.

However a simple and sure way is to get a socket and ratchet that fits the crankshafts front pulley nut,and a piece of chalk.

Remove valve cover. Turn engine in the normal running direction until say No1 valve is fully open,chalk a mark on the front crankshaft pulley corresponding with any fixed bolt,projection,casting rib or just chalk another mark on the timing cover inline with your pulley chalk mark.

Now turn the crankshaft with the ratchet-socket ''one complete revolution''this will return the fully open valve to the fully closed position ready for adjustment with your feeler gauges.

Carry out this procedure for all eight valves,working along in turn from No1 to No8 so as to not get mixed up.

Tappets should add up to 9 between one that is open and one you are measuring. So, when valve 1 is fully open, check valve 8, 2 open, check 7 etc. Just rotate engine with spanner on pulley bolt and rotate engine half a turn at a time.

Tappets should add up to 9 between one that is open and one you are measuring. So, when valve 1 is fully open, check valve 8, 2 open, check 7 etc. Just rotate engine with spanner on pulley bolt and rotate engine half a turn at a time.

Although that is the common 4 cyl valve sequence it may not be correct for that engine,unless you are sure and have the correct information at hand of course, which i have not.Otherwise that might not be the correct sequence for that engine.In which case my method can be adopted for any valve sequence safely.

Hi

What make is Beta engine based on?

If you know that you should be able to source the base engine manual.

Alex

Just found it is based on Kubota engine manual PDF Here May well be the same.

Edited by steelaway