K&A

Tim F

Featured Posts

Stoppage: Culvert 65, 200m downstream of Whaddon Bridge 163

03 May 2012 until further notice

Associated Regional Office: Kennet & Avon Waterways

Emergency repair works are required at Culvert 65 (Approximately 200m downstream of Bridge 163 Waddon Lane, halfway between Semington Lock 15 and Bradford on Avon Lock 14) to seal a significant leak that has been found in the centre of the canal. This will require a stoppage of the navigation to allow dams to be installed either side of the culvert. Temporary works are being undertaken to reduce the rate of leakage but it is possible that the pound level may reduce; please ensure that boats are tied accordingly to accept these level changes. Once the culvert has been dewatered we will be able to assess the repair options and advise on a timeframe for re-opening the canal.

British Waterways apologise for any inconvenience caused.

(Enquiries: 01380 722859)

ay 2012 until further noticeAssociated Regional Office: Kennet & Avon Waterways

UPDATE (04 May 2012): Dams are being installed either side culvert, It is likely the culvert will need to be replaced, with an estimated canal closure of 4 weeks required.

A further update will be issued once the water is drained from the site, and a full investigation can be carried out.

British Waterways apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Edited by Tim F

You know that is just soooooooo funny. I am splitting my sides here. I've never heard that joke before was it all your own work or did you get a grown up friend to help you?

Some times it's just no fun.......... It's just to easy.

I could have layed odds that you'd jump in

Chill out mate ;)

• Greenie 4

Some times it's just no fun.......... It's just to easy.

I could have layed odds that you'd jump in

Chill out mate ;)

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

:banghead::banghead::banghead::angry:

Feel for the hire boaters wanting to see the nice end of the KnAom Foxhangars or moon boats.