GSM Switch

Biggles

Featured Posts

I have looked on Ebay and have found a 12v GSM switch but it is 7 way and silly money IMO when I only want on or off.

I am looking for one that can use the 12v supply as its power so I can switch on/off the heating to pre heat the boat.

There are plenty of 240v ones but this would mean leaving the inverter on.

I shur someone will point me in the right direction.

I have looked on Ebay and have found a 12v GSM switch but it is 7 way and silly money IMO when I only want on or off.

I am looking for one that can use the 12v supply as its power so I can switch on/off the heating to pre heat the boat.

Try Opengate4you , they do 12v versions, Not cheap as chips. This is very much a niche market.

Firesprite

In the office

Hi, I use one of these for just the purpose you are looking for, they are very versatile and reliable units with good technical back up if needed. They don't incur a phone call charge to operate them.

regards

Roger

Hi, I use one of these for just the purpose you are looking for, they are very versatile and reliable units with good technical back up if needed. They don't incur a phone call charge to operate them.

regards

Roger

Thanks Roger. A bit pricey but certainly will keep it in mind.

Try GSM Secure, I have a gsm alarm from them, turns heating on-off, lights on-off and texts me if some oik try's to rob the boat. Also does intercom and video via mobile. Whole lot £250.

I buy all my GSM switches from a company called sim-entry, Noel who runs the company knows his stuff.

The kit has proven more reliable than a couple of earlier units we tried.

Hope that helps

Les

I supply one that does all kind of things like being bi-directional (alarms transmitted as well as receiving switching instructions), texts you the boats battery voltage on demand or when falling below a present threshold and runs from its own internal battery back-up if the power is disconnected etc. However, if you just simply want to switch the heating on (one direction) and nothing else, a gate opener would work and these start at about £70.

Edited by NB Willawaw