Weeeez of the week

bizzard

Featured Posts

Ahoy folks. A forum member by the name of Bux has just posted about navigating a boat from Stole-on-Trent to Cornwall.

Well most know that you can't without a coastal voyage.

However there IS a way. :closedeyes:

The method i'm about to describe is a bit labour intensive and time consuming though, but will give you an rare opportunity to cover and tour virtually the whole country,including Scotland and so take in all those magnificent views ect.

Okay lets get down to buisiness.

Firstly and formostely ''that word doesn't sound right''get stocked up with plenty of nourishing food with loads of protein in it,big juicy steaks, peanut butter and the like has plenty in it,in fact i advise building your strength up a year or two before the trip,for into the unknown you will be going before you finally arrive in Cornwall, you will have covered many many miles of unknown countryside.You will also need stout spades,shovels,pickaxes and a wheel barrow or two.

You might as well begin by pointing your boat in the direction of Cornwall''every little might help''roughly SSW from Stoke.

Anyway lets assume you've arrived at Lechlade up the Thames and can go no further.

Nip ashore and find a stout Hazel bush ''tree''and saw off a nice big forking Y piece like a catapult crutch.By big i mean a couple of metres in all three directions.

Lug it back to your boat and mount it on a hinge on your bow with one offshoot stickin out forward and the other two facing you at the back and tie string to these two offshoots and lead them back to you at the stern end.

Yes of course its water divining,find your own water to sail in. :closedeyes:

Gently keep nudging the bank in all directions with your bows and sooner or later a twitch and a tug on the strings will indicate to you that the divining rod has dipped and discovered ''WATER AHEAD'' Great joy!!.Leave the boat in gear ''slow ahead'',jump out with the spades and things and start diggin ''fast''furiously and deeply and your boat should faithfully without deviation follow your progress.Of course you'll hit a dead end occasionally but don't despair Bux,have another big juicy steak and go back a bit and have another go in a different direction.

Keep a beady eye on that diving stick however and obviously only dig when and where it dips and your sure to always find enough water, and so make progress towards Cornwall. Dig,dig,dig,dig, dig. :wacko:

Enjoy your voyage and eventual arrival in Cornwall Bux. Bizzard.

Edited by bizzard
  • Greenie 4

Ahoy folks. A forum member by the name of Bux has just posted about navigating a boat from Stole-on-Trent to Cornwall.

Well most know that you can't without a coastal voyage.

However there IS a way. :closedeyes:

The method i'm about to describe is a bit labour intensive and time consuming though, but will give you an rare opportunity to cover and tour virtually the whole country,including Scotland and so take in all those magnificent views ect.

Okay lets get down to buisiness.

Firstly and formostely ''that word doesn't sound right''get stocked up with plenty of nourishing food with loads of protein in it,big juicy steaks, peanut butter and the like has plenty in it,in fact i advise building your strength up a year or two before the trip,for into the unknown you will be going before you finally arrive in Cornwall, you will have covered many many miles of unknown countryside.You will also need stout spades,shovels,pickaxes and a wheel barrow or two.

You might as well begin by pointing your boat in the direction of Cornwall''every little might help''roughly SSW from Stoke.

Anyway lets assume you've arrived at Lechlade up the Thames and can go no further.

Nip ashore and find a stout Hazel bush ''tree''and saw off a nice big forking Y piece like a catapult crutch.By big i mean a couple of metres in all three directions.

Lug it back to your boat and mount it on a hinge on your bow with one offshoot stickin out forward and the other two facing you at the back and tie string to these two offshoots and lead them back to you at the stern end.

Yes of course its water divining,find your own water to sail in. :closedeyes:

Gently keep nudging the bank in all directions with your bows and sooner or later a twitch and a tug on the strings will indicate to you that the divining rod has dipped and discovered ''WATER AHEAD'' Great joy!!.Leave the boat in gear ''slow ahead'',jump out with the spades and things and start diggin ''fast''furiously and deeply and your boat should faithfully without deviation follow your progress.

Keep a beady eye on that diving stick however and obviously only dig when and where it dips and your sure to always find enough water, and so make progress towards Cornwall. Dig,dig,dig,dig, dig. :wacko:

Enjoy your voyage and eventual arrival in Cornwall Bux. Bizzard.

Genius, pure genius! A greenie to you Sir :cheers:

Advice on encountering hills & valleys please?

Keep to the valleys especially whilst negotiating ''diggin around'' Wales,the hills are missleading as many are old slag heaps,in the south at any rate i think. :unsure:Yes as i didn't specify any masonry or woodworking tools to build locks behind you,mountains and big hills are best avoided,but you are governed by the divining stick,so--- :unsure:

Edited by bizzard

Thanks for the appreciation folks. :cheers::blush:

excuse me displaying my ignorance (again) but what please is a 'greenie'? I see them all over various posts. When I was at school, it was something you obtained through nose mining

excuse me displaying my ignorance (again) but what please is a 'greenie'? I see them all over various posts. When I was at school, it was something you obtained through nose mining

It's the round green thing with a + at the bottom right of a posted message ... it's a vote for the post...

• Greenie 1

Bizzard, just checking...is that definitely "a nice big forking Y piece"? Cheers mate...

It is John,not only by its kind of shape but when you're forced by its miraculous water finding ability to fork to the right or to fork off to the left.And in this case forking about all over the shop. :mellow:

Edited by bizzard

Oooh and John,you with your vast and extensive mining experience would be the ideal person to help get Bux safely past tall obstructions by mining and boring through things such as hills, mountains and especially ''slag heaps'' which you would probably revel in,wrestling with all the pit props and tackle with great glee;-quite nostalgic eh. :mellow: