Trouble around Victoria Park

Cosmic

Featured Posts

To use a discussion about muggings to legitimise your racist crap is both cowardly and distasteful. No-one in this topic has mentioned the ethnic mix of the people carrying out the crime in this area.

And what conclusions would you draw if you were mugged by a gang who had a mix of black and white?

Here we go, here we go, here we go!

Why is it when anyone who has the balls to mention anything marginally relating to immigration in this country, do we get the likes of you with your 'racist' slurs?

Should it have missed your attention, this democratically elected government, promised in its manifesto, to address the problem of immigration in this country. Were they then racist to accept that amongst the population, there are genuine concerns about the influx of people from other countries?

The race card is one that is overused and outdated.

And that's the rub, ethnic crime? Home grown crime? There is no point in making those references within this thread because the bottom line is people are getting mugged by people. This has never been a debate about the rights and wrongs of immigration or a police line up so forgive me if I have read between the lines.

We clearly come at life from different places and perhaps will never agree on this, happy to leave my point there.

And that's the rub, ethnic crime? Home grown crime? There is no point in making those references within this thread because the bottom line is people are getting mugged by people. This has never been a debate about the rights and wrongs of immigration or a police line up so forgive me if I have read between the lines.

We clearly come at life from different places and perhaps will never agree on this, happy to leave my point there.

Me too, but is there an echo in your house?

Edited by Doorman
  • Greenie 1

Why should a discussion about crime in Victoria park have anything to do with immigration?

Why don't you start a topic on that If that's what you want?

Your conflation of the two issues with no common factors is racism.

If I started talking about your wife and then about therapies for the obese, would you be offended ? If I made comments on your profile about child abuse?.

We have had a couple of reports sent to London Boaters in the past few days about problems in the area between Broadway Market and Mile End, centred on Victoria Park.

The first was sent on Saturday:

And this one has just been sent by a lone female boater:

I live on the same stretch here in Vic Park. No trouble all winter and then last w/e my son's padlocked new BMX bike stolen from within ten feet of my boat when my back was turned for ten minutes. Important to say that for months this has been a wonderful friendly place to live with not a trace of trouble. It just takes a very very few little shits to poison the place but my memories are of walking back to the boat at midnight past a group of friendly folk sitting round a brazier of chesnuts, another night, again late, the sound of 40's dance music coming from a boat and a couple dancing cheek to cheek on the towpath. The snow drifting diagonally through the trees on a perfect winter night with all of us iced in under a brilliant moon.

Great playgrounds, cafe, shops, open air gym. Wall to wall joggers and cyclists yes but that's a problem I can live with. For by far the most part this is a gem in London.

But we have some trouble and I hope we can all deal with it, along with the police and keep things nice.

Neil T

Jenny Rose

Well, immigration into London is hardly a new thing is it. I blame the Huguenots, the Normans and those bloody Romans

What kind of place is that for a Celt to bring up their children? :blink:

IIRC there was no London before the Romans

Richard

yep, and stonehenge was built as an Indian resturant ?

I agree. Bring race into the discussion is sad and narrow minded. I work in Tottenham and every race has its goodens and baddens.

I have also moored in the East of London may times and have never had any problems.

My advice if someone approaches you is to; Start dragging one leg, lower your head, look up through your eyebrows and say

“Llow it man, I aint want no Beef, your Butters init” and then kiss your teeth (suck in between your tounge and teeth) then you’ll be fine!!!! (Please don’t try this)!

:blush:

I think you'll find i can discuss anything i want, as long as it's not offensive. If you are to scared of PC to talk about some things then that's your problem.

Guest wanted

The irony for me is what a posh white middle class area Victoria Park is, is this another case of people assuming stuff about areas they know nothing about?

Indeed, I suspect that a lot of what I have read on this thread comes from off the top of peoples heads, planted there by the mail et al