loo cleaning

a.p.now

Featured Posts

Full set of instructions here

The instructions don't appear to address the issue of compatibility between the cleaning products and the chemicals (if any) that are used in the tank. I suspect that with blue in the tank you could safely use almost any cleaning product, but we use a biological digester so we have to be careful not to use anything that might kill it off.

EVM

We use it on everything. Its the only cleaner we carry onboard. Does the boat cabin and exterior, great on oil spills, down the loo etc.

Can be bought through Cormorant trading. Works out cheaper to buy a 5L concentrate bottle and water it down yourself.

The instructions don't appear to address the issue of compatibility between the cleaning products and the chemicals (if any) that are used in the tank. I suspect that with blue in the tank you could safely use almost any cleaning product, but we use a biological digester so we have to be careful not to use anything that might kill it off.

A very good point, using a standard cleaner or rimblock will kill all or the good bacteria that is digesting Your waste if you are using green. I use odourlos in the tank and a splash of the same around the bowl before donning the marigolds and giving it a good scrub. It your bowl is really bad then take it off the pedestall and use a hardcore cleaner and rinse it down before refitting.

I use Odourlos and a teaspoon of yeast in our loo

To clean the bowl we use a spray bottle filled with diluted Ecover toilet cleaner

It all seems to work rather well

Isn't ordourlos sopposed to work without yeast? Have your tried it witout?

Well I have to say that for cleaning my loo and for putting in the holding tank (porta potti 13yrs old ) I just use Asda 29p Ltr weak bleach. It breaks everything down, it doesn't smell and, it hasn't damaged any seals.

It's cheaper than the rip off kem blue stuff etc... which contains bleach agencies and lovely smelling aromas...

Pay yer money and take yer choice!

Edited by Androo

I would definitely avoid mixing bleach with blue. Someone I know who once did said the fumes were unbelievable. And not in a good way.

Edited by Chertsey

thetford sell a yellow/lemon cleaner that will not attack the seals or plastic.i reckon it does a good job.dont use household type cleaners.

I use the theftord cleaner and can recommend it :cheers:

Yes - - It does work without - - but with yeast I halve the dose - and it appears to work very well (and is much cheaper)

I put yeast in our loo now after seeing it posted on here and def will not be buying anymore double blue. i tried it with two sachet 7gms each and then tried it with just one sachet and it works perfectly well. i must say you can pick up some good tips on this site :cheers:

I find that my wife's tooth brush is pretty good . !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

lol