River wey depth

Timleech

Featured Posts

Have taken Parglena up to Godalming however at 3ft draft and 11ft6 beam it was a case of a lot of tickover in the canal sections. That could be down to the fact that NT only dredge to suit 7ft wide boats.......

Anyone know what sort of depth is available on the Wey? The NT website says 3 feet up to Guildford & 2'6" above, is this real or are they covering themselves?

Tim

Plenty of depth for a Big Woolwich in August 2010!

PICT1368.jpg

But they were having a lot of trouble adjusting the weirs and sluices to keep the levels up. We scraped the bottom a few times on the way up, before they took half the water away as we were one lock down from Godalming. The level came up overnight and we completed the trip next day up the limit of navigation, and then back down to the Thames without problems.

David

And here is another one of Fulbourne on the Wey:

r_wey-20100824-058.jpg

I am trying to remember what happened with water levels - I think they had they deliberately dropped them because they were expecting a load of rain. We are obviously shallow so had few issues and Fulbourne just got on with it and found a bit of depth (most of the time)

Edited by RichardN

Thinking of taking Kennet south?

Should be in the Jubilee Pageant, but just realised today that I should have 'accepted' a week ago! Remains to be seen whether they'll accept a late acceptance (so to speak).

Also had an invite to a 40th wedding anniversary bash in Godalming, though it would be a good way(wey) to arrive.

Tim

Edited by Timleech