List of marinas with residential moorings in North West

Teorico

Featured Posts

I'm compiling a list of moorings and marinas in the North West that might have long term/residential or over-wintering moorings available. I know there are a dozen websites that contain this information, but I'd like a handy single reference to remind me what's where.

This list includes canal and coastal moorings, so yacht marinas are included as I don't know exactly what type of craft I'll end up with.

I'll dig through the vast list of websites I've bookmarked and update this, but off the top of my head, here are a few that seem to offer residential moorings.

- Preston Brook, Runcorn, Warrington

- S&A Marine, Grappenhall, Warrington

- Liverpool Marina

- Preston Marina

- Ribble Marine, Preston

- St. Mary's Marina, Southport

- Blackpool?

I'm compiling a list of moorings and marinas in the North West that might have long term/residential or over-wintering moorings available. I know there are a dozen websites that contain this information, but I'd like a handy single reference to remind me what's where.

This list includes canal and coastal moorings, so yacht marinas are included as I don't know exactly what type of craft I'll end up with.

I'll dig through the vast list of websites I've bookmarked and update this, but off the top of my head, here are a few that seem to offer residential moorings.

- Liverpool Marina

- Preston Marina

- Ribble Marine, Preston

- Blackpool?

Scarisbrick

- Liverpool Marina

- Preston Marina

- Ribble Marine, Preston

- Blackpool?

Why do you need residential ?. Things have changed. For instance there are several BWML marinas countrywide they have a selection of moorings at various sites. There are Residential and grade 1, 2 and 3 moorings. Residential speaks for itself but if you pay for a grade one you are entitled to 365 days a year unlimited useage including wintersised water also electric hookup. Also free postage handling which simply means you can have your post forwarded to their marina and pick it up.

Worth thinking about. I have found over my 20 odd years that dont extract the urine or take the Michael and you will have no problems anywhere. :cheers:

There doesn't appear to be an option to edit the original post to this thread, so I've added the suggested additions below. As the list grows, I'll group them by address so that it's easier to see what is closer to where.

- Liverpool Marina

- Preston Marina

- Ribble Marine, Preston

- Tattenhall Marina, Shropshire Union Canal

- Frenches Marina, Greenfield, on the Huddersfield Narrow

- New Islington, Ancoats, Manchester

New Mills - Derbyshire - Upper Peak forest canal, just outside Stockport. Strictly not North West as it falls into Emids, however its closer to Manchester for instance than a lot of the other ones mentioned.

- Liverpool Marina

- Preston Marina

- Ribble Marine, Preston

- Blackpool?

St Mary's Marina is at Rufford not Southport. Also at Rufford is Fettler's Wharf. Both walking distance to rail station with connection to West Coast main line and Manchester. I believe a number of folk commute to Preston and Manchester. St Mary's is more friendly