Thetford spares

johnmck

Featured Posts

Hi folks.

We have a Thetford 403L ( I think) on the boat, and forsee the need for a spare cassette this coming season. We already have one, but as we are braving the barren north and Liverpool, think another may be wise.

I have tried to source online, but prices when delivery is included are on a par with Midland chandlers, £127.00. Ouch....

Any one know of a cheaper source, or when Midlands are having their next "Freaky Friday". ( they will not tell me, tried that!)

John. :banghead:

Hi folks.

We have a Thetford 403L ( I think) on the boat, and forsee the need for a spare cassette this coming season. We already have one, but as we are braving the barren north and Liverpool, think another may be wise.

I have tried to source online, but prices when delivery is included are on a par with Midland chandlers, £127.00. Ouch....

Any one know of a cheaper source, or when Midlands are having their next "Freaky Friday". ( they will not tell me, tried that!)

Keep searching ebay, I buy my thetford stuf off there and often at a good price

Hi folks.

I don't know if thy do one for your model but it's often cheaper to get a 'refresh kit' which includes a new cassette and some other bits, strangely they often come in cheaper than buying a cassette on it's own... :wacko:

I don't know if thy do one for your model but it's often cheaper to get a 'refresh kit' which includes a new cassette and some other bits, strangely they often come in cheaper than buying a cassette on it's own... :wacko:

Thank's Martin, shall take a look at that option, never thought of that. Why is a plastic box so bloody expensive? :cheers:

Thank's Martin, shall take a look at that option, never thought of that. Why is a plastic box so bloody expensive? :cheers:

I've just had a scout about but can't see one for your model though, but good luck.

These guys http://www.waudbys.co.uk/ may be worth giving a ring. I got my spare C250 cassette from them at a good lump cheaper than any where else. They don't list one on their web site but say to ring them as they may still have what you want.

I've just had a scout about but can't see one for your model though, but good luck.

These guys http://www.waudbys.co.uk/ may be worth giving a ring. I got my spare C250 cassette from them at a good lump cheaper than any where else. They don't list one on their web site but say to ring them as they may still have what you want.

:cheers:

This company gave me a good service ...

Around £80 with a spare seat & some chemicals, I only bought it as it was a lot easier than sorting spare seals etc :)

Funnily enough, just been viewing this company. Site is poor in that it is non specific in regard to model, but worth contacting. Thank you.

Edit- E mailed david.waterman6@btinternet.com at above company.

Edited by johnmck

Not an immediate solution but keep an eye on both Lidl and Aldi's offers. At least a couple of times a year they have a portapotti on offer at a very good price. Actually branded as "Mobil" but is of Thetford origin. Granted, the cassette is small but all the rest is a good source of spares.

Trevor

Think I will end up purchasing the Refresh Kit from here.

http://www.outdoorworld.co.uk/thetford-c200-fresh-up-kit-5242

A LOT cheaper than from any chandlers, and with a free spare bog seat! Might have to take up "gurning" untill it's needed!

Cheers.

John

Just a quick update. The Kit arrived. does what it says on the tin. Cannot fault this supplier, free postage as well. £89 all in. :lol:

• 3 months later...

As predicted, Lidl are offering the bog once again on May 7th! Whilst these may have a small waste capacity at 21 litres, they are made by Thetford and can be a good source for spares. They even come with the dollop!

The Bogs

Trevor

Edit to add that they also have a windup LED lantern and a solar powered shower!

Edited by Mr Norman