A very pretty small Dutch Pusher Tug

bargemast

Featured Posts

Here is a video of a very pretty Dutch Pusher Tug, she has lovely lines and seems to go beautifully through the water.

The sound of her twin Lister CS 12-2 is rather nice too.

Peter.

I've rather fancied a little 'opduwer' for some time, maybe just a bit less little than that one, I have a Sabb 12hp semi-diesel which would go nicely in a boat like that.

More than enough to cope with at the moment, though, with the small tug that I have.

Tim

edit fur spilling

Edited by Timleech

Here is a video of a very pretty Dutch Pusher Tug, she has lovely lines and seems to go beautifully through the water.

The sound of her twin Lister CS 12-2 is rather nice too.

Stunning would be sooo much fun.

The Dutch really love their tugs

They frequently hold rallies. If you ever get the chance to go to one they really are fantastic. Tugs of all shapes and sizes ......... and the motors :wub:

Big Brons's, Industrie's etc etc.

To add a few other old Dutch marine engines, KROMHOUT, SAMOFA, HOLLANDIA, van RENNES, BERKEL.

40 years ago I had 2 small tugs, which I used to tow mainly Amsterdam houseboats from their moorings to the shipyards and back, I'm very said to say that all my old photographs are gone, 1 was like the one in the video, but had a rediculesly powerful 6 cylinder 120 Hp Mercedes engine instead of an old thumper, and the other was slightly bigger and had a former tractor engine, a Steyer WD-213 of 30 Hp/1600n that could rev on idle at about 150n, a very nice and smooth engine with loads of torque.

When I see videos like this, I always have regrets that those days have gone, as I would have loved to still be able to play with my boats, and making money while enjoying myself at the same time.

Peter.

I have seen pictures of this pretty little boat somewhere else recently. Perhaps she has appeared on another thread?

From memory wasn't she (Bally) a static exhibit in the video of the Dutch engine rally that Peter (Bargemast) posted a link to recently?

Roger

Edited to add. No, it was another similar one called History, about 9 mins onwards in this link to Bargemast's youtube link

Edited by Albion

The tug with the Baudouin engine (which is a DB-6, I don't know why it says 100Hp as they are 75Hp@750n or 90Hp@900n), looks like the one I had with the Steyer WD-213 30Hp engine, only mine was a bit shorter 7.50m and had a closed rear deck, and a big towing bollard just behind the steering position (where it should be).

That 8 cylinder Gardner is absolutely stunning, what a beauty and a magnificent piece of engineering !

I found a French article about a barge restauration with one of those Baudouin DB-6 engines, I was only going to post the picture of the engine, but as some may like to see more of this barge, and of the restauration of a tug that was sunk and abandonned for many years, I will put the link to the whole story.

My link

Peter.