Featured Posts

Hi all

There was a company advertising mattresses made to any shape , size and thickness, in spring coil not foam

Does anyone have a name and phone number as i can not find it anymore?

I`m sure they are advertiseing in Canal Boat magazine

Richard.

The trick is to build your boat aroung standard sizes, but there are a few in Waterways World.

Edwardian Bedding Co.............www.edbed.com..............Email enquiries@edbed.com............01709 589673

The Bed Centre..........Tamworth......................01827 706333

David Taylor.............01785 714451.................Mobile........07973 471558

Thats all there seems to be this months.

I've been told, but have yet to check out, that many outlets just selling ordinary domestoc mattresses can arrange to have them made to your sizes, or even special shapes.

Might be worth ringing one or two in your local Yellow Pages, as well as just trying boaty-type outlets.

Might be cheaper that way, or at least avoid big delivery costs ??

Richard,

I can recommend the Tamworth place. They have several qualities of sprung matress (I went for the best quality) and can produce (almost) any size you like. A word of caution however, they are expensive, the 12" x 6' 3" bit cost nearly as much as the 4' x 6' 3" main matress.

Richard,

REHAB used to have a bed making section and they were cheap as well. Haven't used them for many a year but worth a call to see if they are still going.

John

Well 4'6'' is a standard size for the width and as the bed is from one side to the other i thought it would be 6'3 at least but when you take all the bits off it is only 5'10

Why only 5'10"? What other bits are there to take off, apart from the lining and insulation?

Both sides are the same there is a angle iron runner top middle and bottom that is 1'' ontop of that there is 1'' timber and then the wood panelling 19mm say 3/4 ''so that is 5 1/2 '' in total .

Hull width at top is 6'10 tapering to 6' 7 at base plate and the bed is about 1/2 way down so say 6' 8 1/2 take away the fittings leaves 6'3'' so someware i have lost 5'' but ime buggered if i can find out where take off about 1 1/2 '' for the thickness of the rubbing band and thickness of hull still means i have lost 3 1/2 inches someware. and it is far enough from the back not to be tapering back for the swim..